IBA Australia Inaugural Muster

Naughty Bart

Hi all,

Intended route (so far) Brisbane - Toowoomba - Charleville then South = 1680Km. Was thinking about departing after dark to avoid the Sun strike. Should get in around mid arvo ready for beer - kip - beer (in that order).

Thanks !
Stu
Stu
I looked at that route too but
Think
Brisbane, Gympie, Cracow, Theodore, Miles, Moree, Parkes(1668 Km)

That way i can run the Newell Hi-way with the Trucks to clear most of the carnage during most of the dark hours

Well and truly in, confirmed booking with Belinda at the Hotel warned her not to give my room away to some reprobate................
Officially registered and paid, also sent route details and payment to IBA US.
Plan is Wollongong, Sth Gundagai, Narrandera, Sth Hay, Mildura, Narrandera, Parkes.
Approx 1653 Ks.
24 hr fuel all along the route.

Fransvdm

Premier Member
I am planning just an easy ride up the New England and down the Newell.

Decided to go north instead of south. If memory serves me right it is colder south than north in July (and I'm getting soft):confused:

I am planning to hit Parkes in the middle of the night Friday night. We'll see how it works out.

Nev..

Premier Member
Just email the rego form and paid.
Looking at doing a loop in Vic starting in Friday arvo, home for a couple of hours rest in the middle of the night and then up to Albury and Parkes from there.
Looking forward to it!!
I started planning an out and back route stopping at home for a few hours then continuing directly to Parkes, but then I re-read Ron Ayres book Against the Wind about the dangers of sleeping in your own bed during a rally, and I have decided to kip in my swag along the way instead. IBR participants have gone to their own beds mid-rally for a 4hr sleep and woken up 10hrs later with no desire to get back on their bikes and continue.

brodes

Funny you should mention that Nev, I have that book and was thinking the same thing when planning my route. I am hoping the extra options and benefits out weigh the risks, for example if feeling OK I might not stop or if wet and cold I could stop for dry clothes or just crash on the couch. Anything like this isn't usually an option when doing a timed ride so it will be interesting to see how it goes haha

I've had a few rides recently that has had home along the way. Stopped once to thaw out/took an hour break, then moved on. Other times I just called in to get incidentals, ie new batteries etc.
But I didn't jump into my own bed. That might be a game changer?

Nev..

Premier Member
Funny you should mention that Nev, I have that book and was thinking the same thing when planning my route. I am hoping the extra options and benefits out weigh the risks, for example if feeling OK I might not stop or if wet and cold I could stop for dry clothes or just crash on the couch.
I took my home out of my ride plan and replaced it with a petrol stop about 10km away and at a point in the ride which should be too early for a sleep anyway.

Skidoo

Premier Member
OK guys and girls, do you have any, 'impressive, memorable or special' photos that you would like to share allowing us to utilise them at musters and or on our web site?

We would prefer higher res images if possible as we may have to crop/edit them.

Please send to: [email protected] and in the subject line type: Photos.

Here is an opportunity to show your finest photos and favourite locations.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Absolutely Peter, the only issue utilising images directly off the web is that the file size is generally very small (yours is 111k). This restricts how they can be used to full effect.

Sometimes I feel like I work at the above location :D