Heated clothing for Oz

Rusjel

Premier Member
Jeltje and I are gearing up to do some winter rides this year and would love to get some Intel on heated gear.

I have an old (?) heated vest that works quite well, we got Jeltje a Jett battery vest that crapped out after a year or so.

Also she would like heated sleeves this time if possible. Is there someone in Oz people have found who is good to deal with?

Failing that, who are the best OS mobs?

Cheers

HACKLE

The only gear to get. Warm and Safe, Geoff Higgins, 0428 812 341, [email protected] Based in Maffra Victoria between Traralgon and Bairnsdale. Perfect for all year riding. I have the socks, pants, jacket and gloves [gloves can be tight so if you get them maybe get a size larger than normal]. I and Fatman and LTP [who had their's on for the whole of the ACT Insanity Ride] regularly wear ours even this time of the year. I wore the pants and jacket under my normal riding outfit last Sunday down to Melbourne to visit my wife's daughter and grand daughter. I didn't have them switched on but they were on if I needed them. Such good gear and Geoff is a really nice gent, he also rides, very helpful indeed. Hope this has been of interest.

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
Ditto for above recommendation re Warm & Safe Heated gear Russell.
Geoff is excellent to deal with.
My only concession in this area is a pair of heated socks. They work a treat.
If my feet are warm - I'm warm!
Besides, all weather in Victoria is mild...

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Ha ..Im after clothes that deal with 38c up.
12c down to - 4c at about 3 hours Im ok but when I get hot Im not good.

Biggles

Premier Member
Has anyone tried the zarkle.com.au gear? Let us know what happens Brookster.
I haven't had much luck there. The Jett vest has held up OK, but the batteries for the gloves aren't much chop. I had one fail and he said it was my fault for not keeping it charged. He sent me an old one in good faith, but it's no good either. A second one failed on the way to Leeton. I've only used the vest twice, but not encouraged by Russ' comment on May 15. I'd go for the bike-powered variety if I were to spend all that money again.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I use two brands/types of vest/jacket depending on the ride and the conditions;

For shorter rides/autumn weather I use a Oxford heated vest with batteries. The batteries last up to about 3-4 hrs no problems

For a longer ride or typical Canberra winters day i use a First Gear jacket and controller from the States (purchased in Minneapolis at IBR17) and this is powered off the bike. Outstanding! Used in today's commute to Sydney in sub zero conditions and fog. Warm as!

Brookester

Premier Member

For shorter rides/autumn weather I use a Oxford heated vest with batteries. The batteries last up to about 3-4 hrs no problems

For a longer ride or typical Canberra winters day i use a First Gear jacket and controller from the States (purchased in Minneapolis at IBR17) and this is powered off the bike. Outstanding! Used in today's commute to Sydney in sub zero conditions and fog. Warm as!
Seeing how you won't be needing them during the upcoming Canberra winter...can I steal them :p:p

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator

Of course, North of the river, riders aren't quite so tough...
(anti-hack complete) ;)