Brit Butt Light 10 - BBL2018 - Been There, Done That

Rick UK

Brit Butt Light Rally Master
Premier Member
IBA Member
Good morning all!

I'm pleased to announce that BBL2018 entry will go live on 5th February 2018 - the pages have had a bit of a revamp (still a work in progress), and the Raly will take place on Saturday 21st July 2018.

The TENTH running of the Brit Butt Light will be the last running from the Stoke area, at least for a couple of years :(, but the BBL will continue, being run from the Leeds area from 2019 :)

Scoring will be in the traditional format, with your pictures scored at the finish.

It would be really nice to make this one the biggest and best yet!

Pages are at www.britbuttlight.co.uk

Rick

Last edited:

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Entered :D

Day off work and room booked Friday night at the Stoke-on-Trent (Hanley) Premier Inn for just £34.00 :)

I'm also gonna book a room for the same place on the Saturday night when prices drop a bit. I see there's an 80's 'Reflex' bar/club just down the road so if anyone's up for a few post rally sherbets later on then as Brucie would say "come on down" :cool: (Rick, as it's your last Rally I'll certainly buy you a sherbet of your choice, even though you'll no doubt have a good selection of bottled beers after the rally ;))

Roll on July :p

Rick UK

Premier Member
IBA Member
Entries now in double figures!

Please check your email later today for an important message from the rally master.

Cheers

Rick

I've entered again this year too now I have time off work. Looking forward to it.

Who is at which hotel? Hanley or Newcastle?
Mark are you at Hanley both nights?
I'll be booking Sat night only just need to know which one.

Thanks.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Yes, I'm at the Hanley one both nights. Just looked and all the Premier Inns in that area are all around the same price, give or take a few quid.

Rick UK

Premier Member
IBA Member
Not far off 20 entrants now - possibly the largest entry yet, as all seem fairly committed. Anyone else? Still time to get an entry in!
Rick

Rick UK

Premier Member
IBA Member
By my reckoning there are just 3, or maybe 4 spaces left for this year’s Brit Butt Light.
If you are sitting on the fence, get your entry in!

The rally book will be released just 2 weeks from today, on 14th July!!!!

Cheers

Rick

Rick UK

Premier Member
IBA Member
OK - it's REALLY nice to have a big turn-out!

If you are on the verge of entering, please don't book hotel rooms before completing the entry form and getting a reply from me, or e-mailing me to check there are still spaces.

Cheers

Rick

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Looking forward to my first BBL and not having to rough it overnight like during the 7 BBR's I've done. See some of you Friday evening, I should be arriving at Hanley late afternoon. Should we agree a time to meet up in the bar? :)

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Hi Mark,

With my usual approach to forward planning, I've put in my entry to the BBL this morning; waiting on confirmation from Rick before booking the hotel. Since Saturday night in the Hanley Premier Inn is currently £75, I'll only be there on Friday. Not sure what time yet - hopefully in time for a meal and a beer. Or two.

Regards,
Martin

Rick UK

Premier Member
IBA Member
With my usual approach to forward planning, I've put in my entry to the BBL this morning; waiting on confirmation from Rick before booking the hotel.
Martin - check your e-mail - you're in.

And with that, the BBL was full - barring any late withdrawals!!!!!!

Thanks for making this one the best yet!

Cheers

Rick