Ride to Camp - with a difference!

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
I'm looking forward to camping over that weekend so will certainly be coming down to Kentland to Partay :D

Last edited:

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
NO ONE TOLD ME WE WERE GETTING MARRIED.o_O
Ooh the other Steve :)
Congratulations to both of you.
It would be rude to not attend, see you on the day if not before.:D

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi Debs/Steve.....I'm sorry but I will not be able to make it to the wedding in time as I will need more time to get to Sweden in time for Eurotour 18.Also my camping gear was ruined and left behind in Kazakhstan as did my little Beemer....I am on the mend again but not as quickl as I wanted to....rode 500 km yesterday and was in pieces when I got home.....Wishing you both all the happiness in the world and agreat day......sad to not be a part of it but I'll have a keg or 2 at a distance!! Big hugs,Giel

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Hi Deb,

What's the arrangements for camping - do we need to ring the pub to reserve pitches, or just turn up? Contemplating coming down on Friday evening and making a full weekend of it. Important question: does the pub do breakfast?

Regards,
Martin

Debi Kirk

Married to the very Lucky Steve
Martin,
don't need to reserve the camping - just turn up..... i'm not sure if the pub does breakfast but there will be a food van there mid morning for the weekend.

Geil
my daring we fully understand, please just get better, we can have a drink when we next meet...... ill save you some cake !! lol

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Just been doing my usual bit of research and found two possibilities for local showers ;). There's a place on the NE side of Canterbury called Kingsmead Leisure Centre and they have separate showers but would charge £5.00 as this includes a swim too (51° 17.174' 1° 04.995').

Also, the M20 junction 8 Maidstone Services has free showers. Just hand your keys in at the WHSmith shop, have a shower then return to collect your keys. It is 35 mins away from the pub though (51° 16.021' 0° 36.870').

I've phoned the pub and they have accessible toilets with sinks only which also have an outside door so accessible for campers. They're also setting up an external tap so we can get water.

I'm going down Friday and making a weekend of it too :)

Last edited:

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
That's my old caravan I have got a twin axel 30ft 2 bedroom job now.:cool:
It’s just over the weight limit for towing with a bike my size, but the old bill don’t know what the limits are anyway.
:D:D:D
And yes I will be there.

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Are you camping??
Hi Jonnyp
Not staying as a few of are leaving and heading to Calais on Saturday evening ready to head of to the Euro rally in Sweden on Sunday.
Be good to see everyone at the wedding.