How long CAN elapse between ride and submission of documentation?

Flappy

Premier Member
Hey Ira (et al),

Just a quick question or two. I rode what I believe to be a qualifying ride in June and kept all required documentation ie. gas reciepts, beginning and end statements from witnesses and I additionally had/have SPOT and Spotwalla documentation and all supporting items to show that I rode the ride. Can I STILL submit all that at this late date and get my qualifying ride in?
My Wife has just about threatened to divorce me if I don't file this and get my license plate trim since I actually rode the ride and the same area has either burned to the ground a few weeks after I was there or is under 6 feet of snow right now.

Thanks for any input and thanks for all you do!

Flappy,
Richard Wheeler

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Hey Ira (et al),

Just a quick question or two. I rode what I believe to be a qualifying ride in June and kept all required documentation ie. gas reciepts, beginning and end statements from witnesses and I additionally had/have SPOT and Spotwalla documentation and all supporting items to show that I rode the ride. Can I STILL submit all that at this late date and get my qualifying ride in?
My Wife has just about threatened to divorce me if I don't file this and get my license plate trim since I actually rode the ride and the same area has either burned to the ground a few weeks after I was there or is under 6 feet of snow right now.

Thanks for any input and thanks for all you do!

Flappy,
Richard Wheeler
There really isn't any time limit for submitting rides as long as the documentation still exists. If it makes you (or your wife) feel any better, we have had folks submit rides *years* after the fact.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Rusjel

Premier Member
Pleased to hear it Ira! In my case the certification process often gets lost after a great ride, but I really must get onto a few of these.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
I dunno...you did the planning, the riding, and the certification is just another part of the process - at least that's how it works in my mind. :D

There really isn't any time limit for submitting rides as long as the documentation still exists. If it makes you (or your wife) feel any better, we have had folks submit rides *years* after the fact.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
This is good news, as I've yet to file the ride I did almost a year ago. I really need to get that done, and get my 3000k Gold certificate!

Better man than me....

I couldn’t wait to get my packet in the mail !!! Bike hadn’t cooled off and gear was lying near the door because I was finishing up everything and getting it ready to mail out.

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
Not too long ago, someone posted that a guy submitted his paperwork 10 years after the ride and it was approved. Gotta be careful tho. The printing on receipts start to fade after that long and may not be accepted if not readable.

Better man than me....

I couldn’t wait to get my packet in the mail !!! Bike hadn’t cooled off and gear was lying near the door because I was finishing up everything and getting it ready to mail out.
I wanted to do the same, but knew I wouldn't get home for another week after finishing SS & BB. Sent all my logs and receipts home via USPS Priority Mail so they wouldn't get lost on the road, and expected it to be at home b4 me. Envelope got "delayed" in San Antonio, then Chicago, then finally arrived 10 days after I got home! It's in IBA hands, now, I think. At least, it's been delivered to their box in Naperville.

I still have two BBG's from 2017 I haven't submitted. I have all the receipts (pictures with odo) and log; I was already a Premier member so I do not need witnesses - but since they were both nested within a 100CCC; I don't think I will submit since I believe one ride, one certificate.

Joseph Kappes

Kankujoe
Premier Member
I was wondering about this too.

In 2016 the National Park Service commemorated the 100 year anniversary of the National Parks. In honor of that I did another NP Tour. This was my fifth.

I wanted to ask Mike about adding some special comments on the certificate because it was the National Parks Centennial. I never came up with anything & I kinda forgot to submit it. I guess I should get off my butt & send it in.

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
Being the certificate whore that I am, I have more than one certificate for one ride, specifically a couple of SS1K Certs nested within a couple of BB1500 rides. I like to support the IBA, also.