Welcome to the IBA Australia forum

MIXR

:cool: MIXR Great to see you still out and about. You never know who you see on the road good to see you caught up with a few of like minded people. Sounds like a plan retire before the muster. Hope to see you there or somewhere out on the road one day
Hi Lynne. Won't be the same without Kipper. I bought the big Victory for him and although we only did 45,000 kms on it, 40,000 were with him on board, plus all the miles on the R, GSA and in the sidecar. Damned hard to ride the same roads without my little mate.

Had to sell it when he was gone (It was Kipper's bike!) and settled on a new GS. Unfortunately :D I've taken to doing the big distances again. I'm annoyed that I didn't buy the Adventure again as the tank on the GS is too small. Can't believe I'm even saying that! Must be screwed in the head!

DSC00745 - Copy.JPG

Anyway, chatting with Nico got my interest up again. I look forward to catching up with Davo's old crew. See you in April.

Last edited:

Skidoo

Premier Member
Hi Lynne. Won't be the same without Kipper.

. . .

Anyway, chatting with Nico got my interest up again. I look forward to catching up with Davo's old crew. See you in April.
Mick, I really enjoyed catching up with you and and Kipper in My Beauty many years ago whilst we waited for the other riders to arrive. I also remember the heavy rain that fell as Toura arrived, never forget that mate. Gee time passes so fast, we have to savour every moment before it is lost forever!

MIXR

Mick, I really enjoyed catching up with you and and Kipper in My Beauty many years ago whilst we waited for the other riders to arrive. I also remember the heavy rain that fell as Toura arrived, never forget that mate. Gee time passes so fast, we have to savour every moment before it is lost forever!
Must have been one of the early rides on the Victory. Rode home in a massive thunderstorm.

IMG_1072 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1062 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1063 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

Tele

Premier Member
Hi Mick,
If you could knock up a sleeping and viewing basket like that beauty for me , I would be more than happy to be your pillion on a SS1600 and get named on your certificate !!:D:D:D What a great memories you and Kipper created together!

MIXR

Cheers Ian. Having re-ridden many of the roads we travelled to scatter his ashes and having gone back past those places again on other rides this past year, I'm always amazed at how well he did it. It all started as a bit of fun, but quickly got serious when the rides turned into FarRides and more.

The further we travelled, the more weather protection he needed, so the boxes got bigger and better. We met many motorcyclists and dog owners who wanted construction and attachment details. Some even wanted to ditch the missus off the back (said quietly) and take their dog as pillion instead.

Yep - Many memories.

DSC02221 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Lynne. Won't be the same without Kipper. I bought the big Victory for him and although we only did 45,000 kms on it, 40,000 were with him on board, plus all the miles on the R, GSA and in the sidecar. Damned hard to ride the same roads without my little mate.
Had to sell it when he was gone (It was Kipper's bike!) and settled on a new GS. Unfortunately :D I've taken to doing the big distances again. I'm annoyed that I didn't buy the Adventure again as the tank on the GS is too small. Can't believe I'm even saying that! Must be screwed in the head!
I hear you and understand where you're coming from. :(

Thanks Nico for chewing Mixr's ear :eek:

I look forward to catching up in April at the Muster & for a long overdue HUG ;)

I am Austrian with many relatives in Australia (4 bros, 2 sis) I never met them face to face. I am 69 and one of my "half" bros died last year. I plan to spend Oct/Nov 2019 in Australia. But not by car, I would like to travel in Australia by motorbike. Sending my Africa Twin over or rent one for this 2 month. Any recommendations? I am an IBA member, riding motorbikes since 1964. My family's "Australian chapter" is everywhere, Perth, Sydney, Kilbarri, Darwin, ... I plan to do a clockwise roundabout (about 15.000km) starting in Perth.

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I am Austrian with many relatives in Australia (4 bros, 2 sis) I never met them face to face. I am 69 and one of my "half" bros died last year. I plan to spend Oct/Nov 2019 in Australia. But not by car, I would like to travel in Australia by motorbike. Sending my Africa Twin over or rent one for this 2 month. Any recommendations? I am an IBA member, riding motorbikes since 1964. My family's "Australian chapter" is everywhere, Perth, Sydney, Kilbarri, Darwin, ... I plan to do a clockwise roundabout (about 15.000km) starting in Perth.
Hi Manfred, It certainly sounds like a good way to see this country. When you have you dates sorted out please let us know and when you get to South Australia please get in contact with me as you are most welcome to take a break from the road and stay with us in the Adelaide and enjoy some of the best beer, wine and food in the country.

Hi!from New Norfolk in Tassy. I ride simply because I cant stop doing it.My present ride (Grom)came about because age and health declared I ride a much lighter bike. Health also dictates that my longest ride is a cuople of hours long. So no Iron But style rides for me. I can apreciate the achievements of those who do and it does inspire me to read the ride reports. From a photo i saw here somewhere it looks a bit like Reg should perhaps be doing a bit of walking as well, :) (sorry Reg).

Morning everyone. Spoons from Melbourne here, new forum member. Looking to do some research and then put down an Iron Butt ride or two. Been fortunate to ride some very big trips previously, but never recorded the ride. Looking forward to a few suggestions / recommendations and perhaps a good route from Melbourne for a Saddle Sore 1600. Many thanks, Spoons