The Dam Hard To Say Roundup - OCTOBER 27/28 - 30 Hours - Taree NSW

Derrick

IBR Finisher
OK, now that we've confirmed this I think I'm prepared:
1) Friday and Monday off. Expectations set very, very low for Tuesday...
2) Bike in for service and rear tyre this Wednesday. Expectations set that "Bike WILL be ready for pick up Wednesday night"
3) Downloaded "Radar Love" (The Extended version) , "Eastbound and Down" from Smokey and the Bandit & The "Theme song from Convoy" to one earbud
4) Sprayed bike seat with possum/drop bear/dog/cat/fox/wtf anti shit repellent (to avoid a repeat of last weeks shenanigans (ask for photo's when you see me!) :p:p:p
4) Gunning Motel booked for Thursday night, assuming a 4 pm Docklands departure (uuurrrrgh - the Hume......, though I will be stopping at Tumblong Tavern for a beer around 9.30 pm if anyone is interested!)
5) The "Cullerins" and "the Putty" planned for Friday (as a reward for the night before)

Planning anything after this point will just bite me in the as5, so from there I'll just roll with it....

ED535

To Registered participants (including ED535) - I'll resend the gpx and gpb files, as well as a csv file of the 'Base" route later today.
Looking at the List of experienced Roundup riders (and pillions!), I'd be surprised if any opt for this approach to the Roundup.
It was intended as an intro for maybe even a paper-based maps novice.
See you all next Friday.
Got it

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Yes. The base route is being sent out for those people who want to do the Roundup, but don’t feel confident in plotting with a gps or from the long list of waypoints to choose from that will come. The base route is a basic option. All shall be revealed....mwahahahaha. Actually, it’s a pretty user friendly roundup this one. Easy peasy
Mmm, I was planning to do the base route. Seemed like a comfortable Saturday morning daudle. And someone expects me to ride further. Dang. But the points for "base route" are low - let me re-state that, appalling!

Olaf Moon

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Yes. The base route is being sent out for those people who want to do the Roundup, but don’t feel confident in plotting with a gps or from the long list of waypoints to choose from that will come. The base route is a basic option. All shall be revealed....mwahahahaha. Actually, it’s a pretty user friendly roundup this one. Easy peasy
When Annette Cudlin, route-master from multiple IBR's says "easy peasy" I truly start to worry. What have I let myself in for?

Olaf Moon

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Also Rally Flags - please contact Bill, our mobmaster, if you don’t yet have a flag. The flags being used are your IBA number flags. Some of you will have them from your last Roundup. If for some reason you can’t get your flag on time, I’ll accept a home made material flag with your IBA number on it. Check with Bill for sizing etc
Tiger-Bill, as you know I ordered mine, so I am trusting you sir-Knight to have it for me, at the start of the rally. I trust my trust is well trusted (or something like that)?

Olaf Moon

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Yes but we had to convert it to a GPX file to make it work on our Basecamp. Tiger Bill knows and is going to issue the other bonus locations in various formats including GPX.

Thanks Bill.
thank god for that, I thought I might have to wrestle with my computer-thingy again, and given this week at work, that looks unlikely.

Olaf Moon

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Routing ahead!
1. Taree - Moree - Taree 1,017 km 12 hr 17
2. T - Gilgandra - Moree - Taree 1,353 km 15 hr 25
3. T Gilgrandra - Moree - Coffs Harbour - Taree 1,486 km 16 hr 38
4. Taree - Broken Hill - Taree 2,560 km 27 hr
5. Taree - Nyngan - Taree 1,374 km 14 hr 53
6. Taree - Nyngan - Bourke - Taree 1,782 km 19 hr 1
7. Taree - Walgett - Bourke - Tamworth - Taree 1,731 km 19 hr 34
8. Taree - Dubbo - Walgett - Taree 1,403 km 16 hr 8 min
9. Taree - Dubbo - Walgett - Moree - Taree 1,519 km 17 hr 13
10. Taree - Dubbo - Walgett - L.Ridge - St George - T 1,868 km 21 hr 3
11. Taree - Walgett - LR - St George - Moree - T 1,652 km 19 hr 23
12. Taree - Tamworth - LR - St George - Roma - Armidale - Taree 2.014 km 23 hr 8
13. Taree - Charleville - Roma - Taree 2.356 km 26 hr
14. Taree - Brisbane - Roma - Taree 2,001 km 22 hr 47
15. Taree - Noosa - Goondawindi - Taree 1,819 km 20 hr 58
16. Taree - Emerald QLD - Taree 2,626 km 29 hours

Philmor

Premier Member
Routing ahead!
13. Taree - Charleville - Roma - Taree 2.356 km 26 hr

Lucky 13 ..... 2,356 km 26 hrs plus a non-compulsory, but needed, 4 hour rest bonus, so it’s Charleville here we come .....

Oops, I guess I need to allow some time for bonus and fuel stops.
Therefore Charleville = DNF for me.

Thanks Olaf, your post has good information for riders to consider.