RTE Calais including Dambusters SS1000 ride Saturday 23rd March 2019 01:45 departure.

Peter Perfect

Bit of help, please? Haven't done one of the RTE before with a group of IBA folks..

Overnight Channel Tunnel for 23/03/19 says £42 one way..?! Is there a return fare?

When should I go online and book...,
1. Hotel in Calais,
2. Eurotunnel,

What time for the return journey on the Sunday..?

Does it matter if I wait until nearer the time to decide which bike (choice of 2) to go on?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Yes there'll be a return fare and it won't be double £42. Book ASAP. You'll need to tell Eurotunnel the details of the bike you're riding so choose first.
As for return time, that's entirely up to you. Some people like to leave at silly o'clock in the morning, others wait till it's warmer. Depends where and when you fancy riding.

Aitch

Make sure you put in the return date (ie 24th Oct) and it shows you the overnight/day rates (£15 for Folkestone to Calais plus £15 Calais to Folkestone). If you do not put in a return date it will just show you the one way rate of £42....

And don't worry too much about specifying which bike - this is what the help page states

Unless you have purchased Breakdown cover, the only vehicle details that we need are the vehicle type (car/van/motorcycle), the height (over or under 6ft/1.85metres) and confirmation that it is not equipped with an LPG tank. If none of these things have changed we do not need to make any changes to your booking.

Registration numbers are not yet mandatory but do speed up the Check-in process. You can add or change a registration number at any time before travel without penalty.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Registration numbers only really help when booking in with a car. The ANPR cameras read the front number plate and call up the booking so that the car 'driver' doesn't have to worry about tapping in the booking ref or using their credit card to register.
I never give the bike reg when I book.

Peter Perfect

Thanks for the help guys.

I've booked 0620 Saturday Eurotunnel for £30 (return 1520 Sunday). Might be doing more of these, at this price!!

Also a TWIN room at Hotel Particulier Richelieu, (3 minutes walk from Ibis Styles). £42. If someone wants to share give me a shout...

Safari Ferg

Safari Ferg, President IBA Ireland
Premier Member
Can you please add me to the Flight Manifest.
My late father was a Navigator on Mosquito Night Fighters and I used to work for Grant Lyon Eagre (British Steel) who were headquartered in Sunny Scunny :)

Premier Inn booked. Eurotunnel booked. Ibis style booked. Wife informed and permission granted. As so many of you traveled over to the Ballycastle rte thought it was only right I should join you for this one. My first real rte and looking forward to it so please add me to the list

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Will a Sat-Nav route be available or do we have to figure that out individually?
I will provide a pre-verified GPX file with the receipt/photograph locations on, in the order they are to be visited. This will ensure everyone completes the minimum mileage. Most satnavs will choose similar routes between the points.