HD Seats

I'm still running my stock seat on my 16 Ultra Limited. I'm typically pain free for 3-400 miles. As soon as I get any discomfort at all, I throw on a Wild Ass bladder to to change the seating position a bit. I just switch it on and off at gas stops to keep changing the hot spots on the nether regions. Does anybody out there have experience with an HD or aftermarket seat that you can actually ride 1000 miles comfortably on? I'm about 6', 220lb if that makes a difference as well. Just trying to narrow the the list down to some that others have tried.

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have a Mustang Wide Touring seat with a backrest on my Sportster and a Saddleman with a backrest on my heritage. My only limit for riding on the Sportster is how long I can stay awake and how many days I have to ride. On the Heritage I've done a few Saddlesores and was fine but no trips so I cannot say how it would be for multiple 1,000 mile days

I've done two IBRs, a ButtLite, SS5K, 100CCC on my Sportster with the Mustang seat.

However, if I was starting from scratch I'd probably go with the Russell.

Sportsterpaul

I have a Mustang Wide Touring seat with a backrest on my Sportster and a Saddleman with a backrest on my heritage. My only limit for riding on the Sportster is how long I can stay awake and how many days I have to ride. On the Heritage I've done a few Saddlesores and was fine but no trips so I cannot say how it would be for multiple 1,000 mile days

I've done two IBRs, a ButtLite, SS5K, 100CCC on my Sportster with the Mustang seat.

However, if I was starting from scratch I'd probably go with the Russell.
Chris, do you really think we believe you did all those rides on a Sportster? C’mon man get real. Hey, just popped in and yanking your crank, let’s ride again, soon. Love you brother.

Sportsterpaul

Oh, four Mustang seats for three Sportsters. They work for me. Note: they can be hard when new but give them some miles to wear in, you won’t regret it. Also have some very good results with a Corbin on a Kawasaki Drifter. No experience with Saddleman or
Russell.

I purchased the Harley Davidson cushions for myself and my wife. They can be adjusted while you're sitting on them. It relives excess heat and pressure points pressure.

I'm still running my stock seat on my 16 Ultra Limited. I'm typically pain free for 3-400 miles. As soon as I get any discomfort at all, I throw on a Wild Ass bladder to to change the seating position a bit. I just switch it on and off at gas stops to keep changing the hot spots on the nether regions. Does anybody out there have experience with an HD or aftermarket seat that you can actually ride 1000 miles comfortably on? I'm about 6', 220lb if that makes a difference as well. Just trying to narrow the the list down to some that others have tried.
I still have my stock HD seat on 2018 Ultra Limited and finished the BunBurner 1500 Gold. I have the back rest which helps posture and having the proper riding position. I also made sure that my shocks were properly adjusted so that road and bike vibrations were minimal. At no time during the ride did my butt hurt or feel uncomfortable.

JAORE

Premier Member
I have a 2016 RG Ultra. The stock seat is fine for most rides. I also have the adjustable back rest, it makes a difference for us old, arthritic types.

I do pack an AirHawk in case I start to feel the burn. But I've done a couple of SS1000's riding stock. On my prior Electra and Road Glides, the AirHawk was used for almost every ride over 200 miles.

Seats, windshields and helmets are pretty individualistic in my experience.