Checking a bike for sale

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
I am thinking of selling my Goldwing GL1800, for something a little lighter.

I am wondering if there are any Iron butt members living in the Glasgow, Kilmarnock, Daltry area of Scotland. That would be willing to do me a favor, and go and confirm the validity of the BMW R1200 RT bike I am showing an interest in once I have received the details. Any fuel costs can be covered + some beer money.
Please let me know if you are interested in helping me with this.

Best regards Steve (Winglider)

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
I'd love to help Steve. I'm 200 miles South of Glasgow so 400 miles at £0.35p/mile and only one overnight in Glasgow Hilton, say £140.00, I don't drink beer so say £60.00 out of pocket is £270 in total, shall I go now?

BTW do I get an "I helped Steve" patch and certificate?

Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
I'd love to help Steve. I'm 200 miles South of Glasgow so 400 miles at £0.35p/mile and only one overnight in Glasgow Hilton, say £140.00, I don't drink beer so say £60.00 out of pocket is £270 in total, shall I go now?

BTW do I get an "I helped Steve" patch and certificate?

Dave
I was hoping that someone living fairly close say 20 miles or so might like a little run out to go and have a look and get a few details etc...
But as you are the only one who has offered, with a fairly detailed costing description and fairly priced considering the distance involved.
I must admit I would like to take you up on your offer Dave.

I would like to but I am not, so sod off.
And no you don't get a I helped Steve patch I haven't, lost my keys, got an inner ear infection and fallen over or fell off my bike whilst admiring some stone work. + All the others didn’t make any charge for their services. As far as I am aware

Bloody ex shop owners :p:p:p

Aitch

Until about 4 weeks ago there was a very nice black R1200rt 2017 on ebay from a seller in Dumfermline - absolute steal at £10k which immediately dropped to £9.5k when I emailed the seller. No viewing and no picking up bike due to their work commitments - payment by via Ebay and bike would be delivered by approved courier. Definitely a scammer (sent a fake ebay invoice) and I reported to Ebay but they just ignored. So if its that one - forget about it ;)
I'm now the very happy owner of a 2014 R1200RT LC bought from a dealer :)

Last edited:

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Until about 4 weeks ago there was a very nice black R1200rt 2017 on ebay from a seller in Dumfermline - absolute steal at £10k which immediately dropped to £9.5k when I emailed the seller. No viewing and no picking up bike due to their work commitments - payment by via Ebay and bike would be delivered by approved courier. Definitely a scammer (sent a fake ebay invoice) and I reported to Ebay but they just ignored. So if its that one - forget about it ;)
I'm now the very happy owner of a 2014 R1200RT LC bought from a dealer :)
Thanks for the heads up, but everything is going OK at the moment HPI checks out. Just waiting for the VIN and logbook details to avoid a cloned Bike.
And money will not change hands until I have checked these details and seen the bike myself. :):)

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
The above bike seems to have stalled at the moment. As soon as I asked for VIN number and registration Doc number so I could carry out an HPI check.So dropped like a hot brick. I have also read some where that if you take the VIN and reg doc numbers to a police station they will check it FOC.
Now seriously looking at bikes from main dealers for peace of mind ☺☺

Last edited:

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Awe Steve. And I thought I was going to get a paid trip!

If you find one in South Shields I'll do a really special price for you.