Brit Butt Tour 2019

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Just heading up to Scotland now to get the last few after a wet couple of days in Devon.
FFS I need to get a life!! :eek: Bugger, if it isn't Gordon or Mike...you come along and throw it out the window! Safe travels buddy, lots of storms about

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
FFS I need to get a life!! :eek: Bugger, if it isn't Gordon or Mike...you come along and throw it out the window! Safe travels buddy, lots of storms about
Just pulling your chain Kim after you said you were heading to Scotland to get the last ones this weekend !. ...but then again......:eek:

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
I'll get the last few in September/October when the weather gets worse. Can't stand all this riding in the sun......

mike_smith

It's not there, just like during the rally last year, but there is a prominent building behind it that will count, if in doubt just take an extra couple of pictures of your surrounding which will be sufficient.

Btw, How many do you have now Mike?? Enquiry minds want to know, :rolleyes: but remember this is not a race...it's just an adventure taking you places you never otherwise would have gone! Wully doesn't seem to be updating the scores as usual...Wully where are you?!? hope everything is okay...
I think its 57 so far and it will take the rest of the summer to finish. My wife has dementia and I have to arrange my trips around dates when my grandaughters can stay with her

mike_smith

I think Wully is ok he got a gold and a Dragon award in the Welsh.

I am on my travels Friday morning 3 days touring the south west hope to collect 11,21,31,41,51,61,71,81 and 91 as well as Round Britain rally landmarks and a few more of Grim Riders post box & giant ride landmarks. Just under 800 miles in 3 days nothing like the miles you guys achieve but then again I have medical problems and I ride a twist & go scooter.

I have great respect for Iron Butt riders who can do 1000 miles in 24 hours and even more for those who do 11000 miles in 11 days

I just wish I had found the IBA 20 years ago when I had my pan I would have had a go.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
I think its 57 so far and it will take the rest of the summer to finish. My wife has dementia and I have to arrange my trips around dates when my grandaughters can stay with her
I can appreciate your constraints, I was the carer for my 96 yr old mum, so my trips/rally's were also dependant on family stepping up...which was few and far between! Now things have changed I'm on the bike almost every weekend.

I also wish I had found this mayhem sooner, still a rookie after 4 years! Good luck on your multiple tasks this weekend...safe travels

mike_smith

I can appreciate your constraints, I was the carer for my 96 yr old mum, so my trips/rally's were also dependant on family stepping up...which was few and far between! Now things have changed I'm on the bike almost every weekend.

I also wish I had found this mayhem sooner, still a rookie after 4 years! Good luck on your multiple tasks this weekend...safe travels
thanks

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
For info RAF Leuchars is now occupied by the Army. As I was taking my photos a man with a large gun ambled over and said there had been a policy change and no photos of things inside the wire. (He explained a certain part of the Brass' anatomy was twitching). I immediately thought of two unlucky chaps on the ET 2018 who were stopped whilst photographing a power station. I made my excuses and left, unlike the unfortunates in Eastern Europe, on the EuroTour......

Last edited:

mike_smith

For info RAF Leuchars is now occupied by the Army. As I was taking my photos a man with a large gun ambled over and said there had been a policy change and no photos of things inside the wire. (He explained certain parts of the Brass' anatomy was twitching). I immediately thought of two unlucky chaps on the ET 2018 who were stopped whilst photographing a power station. I made my excuses and left, unlike the unfortunates in Eastern Europe, on the EuroTour......
I got my photo in a few weeks ago when i was in Scotland

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
So, if you don't hear from me on Monday, it means the twitching brass has had enough of us taking pics of his toys o_O
Which I believe we all pay for!!!

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Don't worry Kim we will have a whip round for you...Plus ...... Free Kim Leeson protest rides. Maybe even a tee shirt !, a book deal !
Starting to sound like a good idea ........................

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Currently, in Ft William, the weather North of Carlisle and roads have been sublime, some the best riding in the UK ever, I wish the RBLR conditions were this good!!... the view from my hotel in Ft W

Attachments

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Hi all current standings for the tour.

1 Gordon Sears 63
2 Martin Harries 18
3 Jon Parsell 7
4 Kim Leeson 52
5 Sean Sowley 12
6 Michael Smith 58
7 Wulstan Melling 1
8 Pete Brown 0
9 Daz Dilkes 0
10 Bob Badger 45
11 Nina Ferrand 0
12 John Cunniffe 0
13 Andrew Bish 0
14 Graham Lindley 0
15 Peter Howe 20
45 Martin Buck 9
16 Robert Higgs 6
17 Alexander Bentley 20
18 Lee Edwards 0
19 Darren Forster 8

Any issues please contact me by email [email protected].

Some issues, please submit pictures telling me what the checkpoint is saves time searching the rally book for the checkpoint.
many thanks.
See you soon at Leicester for the BRIT Butt Rally, with all this practise you'll do well.

mike_smith

Had a great run around the south west even managed the walk to St Enodocs nice and steady with a few puffs on my inhaler

Attachments