Auxiliary Tank Inspection

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
I have a feeling his tank will get extra attention!
Well, I'm not running the Rally, but, this post is sort of a cheeky way to ask about how vigorously the inspectors jostle things. If someone is attending the Rally and has an auxiliary tank, I would love to see a video of the process. :)

Last edited:

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Well, I'm not running the Rally, but, this post is sort of cheeky way to ask about how vigorously the inspectors jostle things. If someone is attending the Rally and has an auxiliary tank, I would love to see a video of the process. :)
The process consists of Warchild grabbing the aux tank and violently shaking it. If it moves independently from the bike, it probably needs some work. :)

If I have the time, I'm planning on doing some Periscope livestreams over the check-in weekend, including some of the tech inspection (as well as the Monday start).

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
The process consists of Warchild grabbing the aux tank and violently shaking it. If it moves independently from the bike, it probably needs some work. :)

If I have the time, I'm planning on doing some Periscope livestreams over the check-in weekend, including some of the tech inspection (as well as the Monday start).

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
I'll be looking forward to it!

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
And pointing out that your overflow should be as close to the ground as possible and as far back behind the rear wheel as possible

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Sadly a missed opportunity BMW RT PILOT as a day out riding over the weekend could have seen you a the Hotel car park and seen all of the action.

Everyone in the USA / Canada has a great opportunity every two years to just pop down and see the variations of rider setups Farkles & Mods.
I would not suggest you Bug them with questions as they have a lot on their to do but 90% of just looking in real life gives an excellent amount of information.
Second to that go through the IBR Photos that Steve Hobart contributes while not looking in every nook and cranny they are a good source.

Sadly a missed opportunity BMW RT PILOT as a day out riding over the weekend could have seen you a the Hotel car park and seen all of the action.

Everyone in the USA / Canada has a great opportunity every two years to just pop down and see the variations of rider setups Farkles & Mods.
I would not suggest you Bug them with questions as they have a lot on their to do but 90% of just looking in real life gives an excellent amount of information.
Second to that go through the IBR Photos that Steve Hobart contributes while not looking in every nook and cranny they are a good source.
Sadly a missed opportunity for reading comprehension for ziggy. But don't worry, he made up for it with one of the most poorly structured replies I have seen since my kids were in 1st grade.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Sadly a missed opportunity for reading comprehension for ziggy. But don't worry, he made up for it with one of the most poorly structured replies I have seen since my kids were in 1st grade.
BMW RT Pilot, I don't think your comments on Ziggy's reply was appropriate or necessary, he was giving some positive insight as to what one might learn by viewing the bikes on show at IBR HQ....I for one think your reply was 'rude'.

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I reread my post and you’re correct BMW RT Pilot …

After a busy day at work and later consuming alcohol I should not assist, advice, suggest, help and comment on anything.
Thank you for providing another reason to not get involved in forums.

BMW RT Pilot, I don't think your comments on Ziggy's reply was appropriate or necessary, he was giving some positive insight as to what one might learn by viewing the bikes on show at IBR HQ....I for one think your reply was 'rude'.
I believe you think that, but I took his remarks as being condescending, just like yours. But you're correct, I would never have thought it possible to have traveled the 600 some miles to watch a tank being inspected if it weren't for Mr. Ziggy's suggestion. And while the distance itself was only a mild issue, there is this whole thing about my life not 100% revolving around the IBA/IBR.

When I started this thread, I was (and still am), curious about the tank inspection and more specifically, how much effort is put into shaking it (hence the humorous video I posted). Ira said he would try to capture these moments, time permitting, and I thanked him. Unfortunately, the hectic schedule of the IBR prevented this from happening and I merely expressed my disappointment.

So thank you, Ms. Kim, for playing the game, but next time, come prepared.