Ride to eat Sunday 9th June

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
I'm halfway there, thought I'd make a weekend out of it....did the Wales RTE today courtesy of Sean, great company, pub, food, and roads...okay so it was wet, did I mention the rain?...Klim Badlands and Daytona Boots...you have some explaining to do!?!? I had the JB Weld out in the Pub, wet sock off, fixing Daytona's!! really???

Those who went, now know everything about motorcycle 'gear'...and I mean everything!

I'm now in Weardale, tup north! Tomorrow it's across the border in a big arc, ending at Beverly, the weather is looking a lot better...yeah!...'and there was much rejoicing' (Monty P)...

Should have added, even tho it was damp, the scenery and roads are fantastic, hardly anyone out! except down South.

Trip link below.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1e69c5cfc02122216f&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes&fillFactor=100

jaybee

Latvian rider transport!!!!!!
Premier Member
fixing Daytona's!! really???
Ha - I had the same thing - one boot leaked but not the other. Contacts Daytona who offered to replace the waterproof liner for a mere £200. No chance!
Used various glues u TIL I’d had enough, binned them and bought something else.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Ha - I had the same thing - one boot leaked but not the other. Contacts Daytona who offered to replace the waterproof liner for a mere £200. No chance!
Used various glues u TIL I’d had enough, binned them and bought something else.
Cheers JB, yes, not impressed, had them for about 6 years, the gear shift pad has come unstitched, it doesn't wrap round to the sole which it should.

Last weekend in Wales RTE, the only brand quoted was Altberg's, and I've noticed the pad does wrap round to the sole, much better.

What boots did you end up with then?

Doing the RBLR this weekend North, so Gorilla Tape is coming out....Time to replace

jaybee

Latvian rider transport!!!!!!
Premier Member
I was very, very tempted by the Altbergs but needed something urgently and didn’t have the time to go to Richmond and because I didn’t want to buy before trying on for size, I shopped locally and ended up with:
- Sidi ST Goretex (for Autumn / Winter / Spring use and Sportsbike track day work)
- Stylmartin Rocket boot for summer and hiking purposes.
I actually got the Sidis nearly 2 years ago and they have been brilliant. The only part of me that was dry when I got home on Monday night was my feet.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
I was very, very tempted by the Altbergs but needed something urgently and didn’t have the time to go to Richmond and because I didn’t want to buy before trying on for size, I shopped locally and ended up with:
- Sidi ST Goretex (for Autumn / Winter / Spring use and Sportsbike track day work)
- Stylmartin Rocket boot for summer and hiking purposes.
I actually got the Sidis nearly 2 years ago and they have been brilliant. The only part of me that was dry when I got home on Monday night was my feet.
Thanks JB, I like the Sidi ST Goretex boots, they look the business, only negative thing I hear about Sidi's is the squeaking!! regular silicone spray should sort that out