Attendees for the Dedication

Will you be attending the IBA Australia Memorial Dedication on the 28/9/19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Unfortunately, due to recent and on-going medical issues I am unable to attend the Memorial Dedication.
I am so disappointed.
This is going to be a significant occasion in the history of IBA Australia.
The illness I have had has been quite debilitating for a few months now, and while mostly improved there is still a way to go to full health.
Following nearly 3 months unable to ride, I am slowly returning and riding as much as I can. But I will not be in shape to attend Wilcannia.
Added to this, the illness has caused further deterioration of my joints, and I am scheduled for double knee replacement surgery on 16th Oct.
Just to round off the year nicely! ☹

I wish everyone attending safe and successful riding, and a great ceremony, fitting of the occasion.
I look forward to reading and hearing all the exploits and details.
Sorry to hear this Nico, and we will miss you at Wilcannia. All the best with the upcoming surgery and rehab and no doubt you will be back in the saddle real soon.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Yep, I am definitely attending, and will do an SS1600.
My plan is to take the dirt road from the south and "Swag-Out" on Friday night, so as to get those classic photos of the stars!
I am riding in memory of Peter Behm, and Rex LeGalley both of whom make my hair stand on end whenever I think of them. Both died of cancer and both were IBR veterans, in fact Peter was a winner. My photo of myself with him at Gerlach will be cherished forever.
Almost in tears, Olaf.
Olaf,

That's a great way to remember two great LD riders. Peter taught me a few lessons about rallying USA style that I've never forgotten and Rex was another real character!

See you at the dedication.

Rusjel

Premier Member
So sorry to hear this Nico, hoping things start to improve for you.

Some of you who know me well know my family has had annualis horribilis, losing members to cancer and accidents and two more diagnosed with incurable cancer. My family wants to have a get together when someone hasn't died, which I think is a great idea, even if it falls on the memorial weekend.

The week before I'm performing a wedding for one of my nieces and his fiancé which is another positive for our tribe.

I'm not telling you this to illicit sympathy, but to go some way towards telling you how disappointed I am to not be going, how important I think this memorial is and will be to IBA riders and what sort of things it has taken to prevent me from being there.

I know this is going to be a fantastic weekend of reflections, catch ups and solidarity for our tribe, setting up a tradition that I believe will deepen in meaning and significance in the years to come. Take lots of pictures, remember the stories and tell them to those of us that couldn't make this one. All the very best!

Some of you who know me well know my family has had annualis horribilis, losing members to cancer and accidents and two more diagnosed with incurable cancer. My family wants to have a get together when someone hasn't died, which I think is a great idea, even if it falls on the memorial weekend.

The week before I'm performing a wedding for one of my nieces and his fiancé which is another positive for our tribe.

I'm not telling you this to illicit sympathy, but to go some way towards telling you how disappointed I am to not be going, how important I think this memorial is and will be to IBA riders and what sort of things it has taken to prevent me from being there.

I know this is going to be a fantastic weekend of reflections, catch ups and solidarity for our tribe, setting up a tradition that I believe will deepen in meaning and significance in the years to come. Take lots of pictures, remember the stories and tell them to those of us that couldn't make this one. All the very best!
DAMN!!! was looking forward to a catch up.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Ah Alan sorry mate my post was regards Nico and Russ.
Ive just thrown two new hoops on this bike.
Took our lovely neighbour for a spin last Sunday on a new front and a boxy rear wich was fun for both of us and tonight we have a new rear.
So Wendy and I will have a spin Sunday for lunch then the distance stuff goes back on.
Ill be there on the day with TonyK.

hagar

Premier Member
Ah Alan sorry mate my post was regards Nico and Russ.
Ive just thrown two new hoops on this bike.
Took our lovely neighbour for a spin last Sunday on a new front and a boxy rear wich was fun for both of us and tonight we have a new rear.
So Wendy and I will have a spin Sunday for lunch then the distance stuff goes back on.
Ill be there on the day with TonyK.
Good to hear about you, terribly news about Nico and The Padre.

Russ, sorry to hear you can't make it, I was looking forward to catching up it's been a while between hugs ;)

MIXR

Apologies people, but I've decided to pull the pin on this one due to a bout of illness that was triggered by a ride through the smoke filled air of the fires along Thunderbolts and Dorrigo a week ago. Seems I'm sensitive to what I breath these days, and a sore throat and persistent cough don't go well with a helmet. Maybe I should have been a smoker! Will have to celebrate the dedication by myself another day. Cheers Mick.

MIXR

Always been a bit sensitive to air quality. I'm sure my smoke filled weekend triggered something unwanted. On the mend now (it's been 10 days!) and doing a short ride tomorrow to see what 'fresh air' does for me. Still not planning on a long run over just a couple of days. Riding 'sick' is a recipe for disaster. You guys know that. Tossing up on a drive in a nice warm car just to be there. Peeved that I will miss this.