Attendees for the Dedication

Will you be attending the IBA Australia Memorial Dedication on the 28/9/19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Derrick

IBR Finisher
Good to see those coming, and sad to miss those who would rather be there but can't.

Bugging out of Melb CBD 4pm ish Thursday for a run down the GOR and a camp somewhere bn Warrnambool & Naracoorte. Rejoin the big road :D at Keith and then hit Port Augusta and the 'Hill before Silverton and the Mundi Mundi lookout for Sunset.

Will probably head out to White Cliffs on Saturday arvo, and am planning to head south via Ivanhoe on the Sunday if anyone is interested in covering the remaining 85 kms of dirt before its finished being sealed in a few years....;);)

Which reminds me - I still need to pick up the rights sized rear spare tube I ordered after the Border...:p:p

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Myself and Taffy made our way back to the Adelaide Hills where we started 18 hours before. Just under 1700km for the day
Great day to ride with Taffy on his second IBA ride.
Thank you to TJ, Karl and Nico for all their hard work in organising today's memorial gathering.
And a huge thanks to Kwacka for procuring this special place. It certainly is a stunning place of pilgrimage.

Taffey

A bit of a sing out to Jeff the Chef for talking me into what was a wonderful experience - might add it wasn't all that hard. He told me the second SaddleSore would be much easier and he undersold it by a fair margin. Fairly comfortable ride, two large eastern greys aside via Davo's memorial & Port Augusta. Light was not with us for a stop at the memorial but we slowed down to honour this site.

Big high 5 for all the speeches, tales tall and short and poems on the day. All deeply thoughtful and fit for purpose.

On another front, Alan Hutchinson, AKA Large, whose accident site Jeff and I passed on our way up from Adelaide, is still in hospital. I plan, if I can find the time tomorrow, to visit him. Will pass on your best wishes.

Cheers
Taffey

kwaka

Premier Member
Thanks Taffey and good to hear the SS wasn't too harsh on you.

Roo strikes are never fun so do please give Alan a g'day and get well from me and Liz.
After not meeting up for quite a few years, I had a great catch up with him at Wilmington and was looking forward to seeing him again so soon.

Jeff the Chef, what a legend that bloke is.

Hi guys. Brief hello as the last 3 days have been a bit of a blur. Roo 1 zzr1100 - 0 Large: -10. I'm in the royal adelaide. Looks like collar bone and a side order of ribs. Hope going under the knife today. Brother went to Peterborough yesterday and grabbed my gear from the wreck. Not the way wanted to part ways with old zed but the old girl is toast. Thanks for all the well wishes will post up next week. Thanks again to the LD community

MIXR

All the best for the recovery Alan. Having wiped out my R1200GS on a roo at Mansfield this year I feel your pain (literally!). You must have come down hard like I did, but my roo thankfully pulled the bike up big time and that softened the blow. I loved my bike, but the body is the important part that makes it go. Forget the old bike and concentrate on getting yourself better. I'm only just coming good for the longer rides after just on 6 months of simple soft tissue damage. Muscles, ligaments, tendons and nerves. It takes a while. Don't rush it. Cheers, Mick.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
A bit of a sing out to Jeff the Chef for talking me into what was a wonderful experience - might add it wasn't all that hard. He told me the second SaddleSore would be much easier and he undersold it by a fair margin. Fairly comfortable ride, two large eastern greys aside via Davo's memorial & Port Augusta. Light was not with us for a stop at the memorial but we slowed down to honour this site.

Big high 5 for all the speeches, tales tall and short and poems on the day. All deeply thoughtful and fit for purpose.

On another front, Alan Hutchinson, AKA Large, whose accident site Jeff and I passed on our way up from Adelaide, is still in hospital. I plan, if I can find the time tomorrow, to visit him. Will pass on your best wishes.

Cheers
Taffey
Taffey we met very momentary in the site Saturday. TK and I arrived late.
If you do get to visit Large could you just pass on our best wishes for a speedy recovery please.
Cheers
Gatey
EDIT
Bit late to this. Posted from phone. I see your chatting Al mate. All the best mate.

Tele

Premier Member
Alan, was great seeing you at Wilmington a few weeks back. You made no mention of your planned attack on that Kangaroo, so I am sorry the plan didn't work out so well for you in the end mate. Very sad indeed to read of this mishap , so great to read that you have the surgery in hand as a back up repair strategy. Best wishes for your recovery. And best wishes for the selection of the next Far Weapon :p