A place to discuss your upcoming rides

Tele

Premier Member
A nice loop there Brownie and friends. I hope all went well for the ride crew, and that there were all smiley faces at the end of the adventure.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Just a question about the .pdf forms in "Ride Applications & Varification" tab.
Ive used the download tab and Ive tried it by right click to save the forms.
Both ways deliver me a form as a .pdf including the edit tools but no curser is evident in any line. No text can be typed into any of the fields.

All other .pdf forms from other senders all currently work fine.

What am I missing with this form?

Brookester

Premier Member
Just a question about the .pdf forms in "Ride Applications & Varification" tab.
Ive used the download tab and Ive tried it by right click to save the forms.
Both ways deliver me a form as a .pdf including the edit tools but no curser is evident in any line. No text can be typed into any of the fields.

All other .pdf forms from other senders all currently work fine.

What am I missing with this form?
They are just plain .pdf forms not fillable .pdf forms so you are missing nothing

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Gday Brookester.
Thanks for your post mate. Can I make them a more useful / fallible item from the site?
What do I need to look for to spot a .pdf that's not fallible other than the obvious? now I know it.

See what I'm thinking is this bundle of forms would be way more useful as a full blown .pdf set.
Have you noticed the dot point one in the above mentioned electric subs is headed by " Mile Eater" ?
<ost of us are not the mile eaters so option two is most preferable.

Here is my simple example. A non complicated ride from ss1600 to say BB25. And most simple multi day rides.

A/The rider fill's in the stuff thats home based info on alive .pdf. That's items before departure before the ride begins.
You know... name, bike odks etc This is now a no scan required item basically ready for shipment at rides end whit the usual docs.
Even filling the basics of the ride log...name bike start odo. their ride log double or triple line spaced so hand written alterations info can be dealt with whilst on the road. A duplicate stowed away as usual along for the ride of course. (Well you never know what new ride might be on offer at the end of the shedualed tellecast)
Its obvious half the finish witness for is perhaps not fallible but the riders details on that form could be. Its probably the most scanable item.

Once home the Ride log could be regenerated as a full .pdf...no scan required all data added off the original. Finish witness form and the dockets collected along the way are the only items that need filling and scanning.
Bundle goes off as attachments in the lodgement email and
well it seem smarter to me to make a form more user-friendly. It must be better for the certifiers to read type

cheers

Last edited:

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
I just went to have a look on Jasons Ride Master site and got a warning that the site has as an issue.
Ive never seen this before.
Maybe the powers that be could send Jason a message to let him know....though Im sure he does already but just thought Id post.

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
We are still planning to do the ACT Insanity Ride this year. Someone else is organising it, thank god! I can ride and sign my sheet each lap!

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Just wondering who else is considering the Border Run.
Yes times are a bit unknown and what may be happening with state to state entry by then but
Well for me Ive got a big need for a ride and this one is a couple of months away. Who knows?
TD likewise been pondering a GTR ( Get Togethert Ride ) once we are more able to gather.

Its the longest time ever to ride in some new tires and Ive never ever had 5 months between a 10k oil change...ever.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Just wondering who else is considering the Border Run.
Yes times are a bit unknown and what may be happening with state to state entry by then but
Well for me Ive got a big need for a ride and this one is a couple of months away. Who knows?
TD likewise been pondering a GTR ( Get Togethert Ride ) once we are more able to gather.

Its the longest time ever to ride in some new tires and Ive never ever had 5 months between a 10k oil change...ever.
See you there, as you say its been a long time with the bikes sitting in the garage gathering dust, the Border Run will be just the thing.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
You guys both have off road bikes. It might be a need to just go inland a bit to go round a bit more and proceed with intent.
Im up for a bloody different ride.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
With some forward planning I want to get Sunday off and just see what comes for the day. Ive not been on the bike for months before this rabbit virus.
For weeks and weeks and weeks my mind has be down some track or along a nice bit of road. Or just reaching back into the snapshots at a popint on a road in some moment from the past.
Ill see what comes of Sunday. Time to bark at the cars.

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
With some forward planning I want to get Sunday off and just see what comes for the day. Ive not been on the bike for months before this rabbit virus.
For weeks and weeks and weeks my mind has be down some track or along a nice bit of road. Or just reaching back into the snapshots at a popint on a road in some moment from the past.
Ill see what comes of Sunday. Time to bark at the cars.
I hope you enjoy your ride, it certainly has been a long interesting time.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Gday Jeffrey
I have thought of you often wondering how your enterprise has weathered each storm.
I hope your all well mate and making headway.