Are you waiting for an IBA certificate?

Howard Entman

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
We have had a heck of a time , more so in the past six months, in getting certificates from the U.S. to Australia. I KNOW that many certificates that have not been received have been mailed, because I mailed those certificates myself. We sent one package to a rider that was not received after six weeks; then sent a replacement package to the same rider that was not received for five weeks; and then sent a third package with tracking (the cost, with tracking was $46). The tracking package arrived six weeks later, having been routed through Paris, Frankfurt, Dubai and Singapore.

After receipt of package #3, package #2 arrived one week later, and package #1 arrive two weeks after that.

What a mess!

We may have come up with a method to get certificates to Australia which we tested and seems to work. So here's what I need from you.

Please tell me what certificates you are waiting for. Give me the date of the ride, and the date you sent the application to [email protected]. If you sent your application to some other emailbox, tell me that also.

I will make every effort to get your certificates to you promptly.

Howard
[email protected]

Frog

Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi every one, my awaited certs turned up today.
A brief history.. https://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?threads/ride-certification-in-a-timely-manner.4183/
the oddity with todays delivery is that it has come from New Zealand IBA?
from the date stamp it looks like it was sent on or about the 10th of Nov?
How did this work, can we no have IBA australia print its own certs to negate the international post delay?
condidering the last email i had from the IBA USA was on the 31st OCT saying they had been sent from the USA?
I have a small brain and it is confused as to where all the certs for these rides have gone.. at least 3 sets have been sent over the last 18 months?
Dave

HACKLE

I'm the same as you Frog. Awaiting two outstanding certificates. Got conformation from Howard that the'd been OK'd and they were on their way. Then I received email from New Zealand saying my certificates had been sent. All very "confusing". All that matters is that I'll have them soon.

Frog

Premier Member
IBA Member
I think Biggles has it... attached are pics of the package, still don't know why IBA Australia isn't trusted to receive electronic copies, print and forward on to members, after all i thought that was why Mike created IBA Australia 4-5 years ago, to promote the business and take some load off IBA USA, not put it on IBA NZ?
Howard, do you allow other countries to certify and print their own certificates.

Attachments

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi every one, my awaited certs turned up today.
A brief history.. https://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?threads/ride-certification-in-a-timely-manner.4183/
the oddity with todays delivery is that it has come from New Zealand IBA?
from the date stamp it looks like it was sent on or about the 10th of Nov?
How did this work, can we no have IBA australia print its own certs to negate the international post delay?
condidering the last email i had from the IBA USA was on the 31st OCT saying they had been sent from the USA?
I have a small brain and it is confused as to where all the certs for these rides have gone.. at least 3 sets have been sent over the last 18 months?
Dave
Yup, I'm equally confused. I've received several emails from Chris Wiltshire (who is a NZe'r) advising my certificates have been posted....but as this is 2020, nothing is unexpected.

Howard Entman

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
Although I usually don't reply to facebook rants, I feel obligated to put this post here.

First, if you are a premier member, you should be sending your applications to

[email protected]

That mailbox is up to date on ride verifications.

The rules for that mailbox can be found at

www.ironbutt.com/premierapp

Second, I repeat here what I said on the first post in this thread:

We may have come up with a method to get certificates to Australia which we tested and seems to work. So here's what I need from you.

Please tell me what certificates you are waiting for. Give me the date of the ride, and the date you sent the application to [email protected]. If you sent your application to some other emailbox, tell me that also.

I will make every effort to get your certificates to you promptly.

Howard
[email protected]

I should have also included

"please tell me what your real name is"

I have no idea who many of these posting people are:

so i can't respond to their inquiries.

Third, although everybody is a rocket scientist or brain surgeon and KNOWS that anyone can JUST PRINT a certificate, I can assure you IT AIN't THAT EASY, and, with all the mail issues in getting stuff to Australia during the pandemic, there was no way to even get certificate paper there.

So we came up with a system to deliver those certificates by way of NZ, where we could get good post service. This took a
lot of work to implement, but I guess, from reading these posts, that this effort is not wanted or appreciated.

That proves the old saying "no good deed goes unpunished."

Please understand that the IBA is a volunteer-run organization; that the fees you pay for a certificate barely cover direct costs of mailing and web service fees; that nobody is making a "killing" on this deal; and that 'whining' on a public forum doesn't accomplish much.

My email address and phone number are posted all over the place. I can always be reached by either method, or by facebook messenger for telephone or video calls.

If you have a concern over a certificate or other matters, don't post it anonymously on a forum, rather man-up (or if you are a lady, woman-up) and contact me directly.

Howard
[email protected]
901-230-0922