Interested in doing a Trans Australia Insanity?

Skidoo

Premier Member
Well; it's on again :eek:

After a successful group 50CC Gold ride a couple of months ago, I would like to offer experienced IBA riders an opportunity of either attempting the, 'Trans Australia Insanity' or 'Trans Australia Quest'. If you would prefer to spend time sightseeing, the West coast, the 'Quest' is for you.

The plan is in final development pending confirmation of a few points. I just wanted to get it out there allowing potential riders the opportunity to at least consider the ride.

Depart date will probably the first week of July after the Parkes Muster.
Depart location, Byron Bay.

Due to the extreme nature of this ride, I need to have 'frank' discussions with potential riders before acceptance.

Any takers :rolleyes:

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Great idea Karl but I will be in the States for Buttlite

If the date was to change to later in the year I'd be very interested in the TAI

Skidoo

Premier Member
Great idea Karl but I will be in the States for Buttlite

If the date was to change to later in the year I'd be very interested in the TAI
You will have an absolute ball at the Buttlite Martin. When you get back we may have to arrange another ride :D

I haven't totally unpacked from the last ride we went on.

Clothes washed of course :eek:

I'm interested in the TAI, and looking forward your "frank" discussion :D
Why go to the trouble of washing your clothes, they'll only get dirty again :rolleyes:

'Frank' discussion; yep, I need to get to the 'bottom' of that before things 'pile' up and it's too much to 'sit' on :eek:

So your interested Abe?

Skidoo

Premier Member

Spaz

A couple of links

http://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?threads/trans-australia-insanity.390/

http://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?threads/trans-australia-insanity.53/

Great to see we have some interest. Spaz, I will get back to you next week, it's Friday so I'm off soon :D
Hey Skidoo, just so you know, my current plan is going to Canberra on the Sunday from Parkes for business on the Monday so earliest arrival Byron Bay would be Wednesday arvo. I could change the Monday business if necessary with early warning. My other constraint is I must be in Canberra on 23rd. What's your current thinking on departure date?

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Karl, I was hoping for a few more details in regards to the trans- Australia ride. I sent you a P.M. a week ago and not sure if you received it.
Not too much time to organize more lights and heated clothing etc.
Looking forward to hearing form you.
Jeffthechef

Skidoo

Premier Member
Just had discussions with the guys interested in participating in the run. Unfortunately I had unexpected work issues causing a change of date. Funny how all the guys are all happier now as we are re-scheduling for a 'warmer' period :)