Online ride submission?

John Z

Premier Member
Is there a FAQ for this? I submitted a ride on Saturday via email, per this page---> http://www.ironbutt.com/rideapp/. and I got an automated email advising that it was received. The webpage advises to pay after verification, yet I haven't heard anything back. I would think that one week wouldn't be enough time to be done anyhow, but I just saw where someone had a 48/10 and a SS700o certified even quicker.
Have a made a mistake? Do I need to pay first?

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
No - your ride will be certified first. Once complete, you'll get the email letting you know the cert process is complete, and the process for the payment.

I've done one ride via this manner; took roughly three or four weeks or so, start to finish. As a Premier Member, you're in front of the line when it comes to processing...

I'd give it at least another week before being concerned.

Last edited:

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Is there a FAQ for this? I submitted a ride on Saturday via email, per this page---> http://www.ironbutt.com/rideapp/. and I got an automated email advising that it was received. The webpage advises to pay after verification, yet I haven't heard anything back. I would think that one week wouldn't be enough time to be done anyhow, but I just saw where someone had a 48/10 and a SS700o certified even quicker.
Have a made a mistake? Do I need to pay first?
Right now, ride verifications can take 12-14 weeks to complete.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Becca

Premier Member
Thanks Ira. Every now and then I hear of 1 week turnarounds on online premier submissions.
I actually received an email in late July with a link to the premierapp page, and it stated that "In most cases, these applications are processed within ten days." That premierapp instruction page then states that payment must be made upfront and that the PayPal confirmation number is to be sent with the emailed submission. So I can see the confusion surrounding both the timing and the payments.

Me, I'm [im]patiently waiting for our latest SS1K submissions -- submitted on 7/26 and prepaid as per the instructions, 17 days and counting ;) -- to be reviewed. Only "impatient" because once those are approved (assuming they are, if not, do over!) we can order our Mile Eater patches. Otherwise, it really would be "patiently". Heck, it took us over a year after completing our NPT before we submitted for those certifications. So, I tell myself it will get here when it gets here and in the meantime, ride on! :0)

John Z

Premier Member
Ok, I have discovered that there are TWO online submission links. There is indeed a link for premier members (which I should have used), and a link for non-premier members.
I submitted a 50cc and a BBG on July 9th via the regular link. My goodie bag with plate backer, certificates, and stickers arrived today!
Just posting this as a data point on wait times.

Becca

Premier Member
Ok, I have discovered that there are TWO online submission links. There is indeed a link for premier members (which I should have used), and a link for non-premier members.
I submitted a 50cc and a BBG on July 9th via the regular link. My goodie bag with plate backer, certificates, and stickers arrived today!
Just posting this as a data point on wait times.
Wuuuu, and then they're that much closer to getting to the 7/26 submissions. :0)

Howard Entman

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
At this time, there are zero ride applications in the IBA Premier Certification emailbox that have not been handled. Several rides certifications were completed last week and are likely in the postal system.

If you are waiting for a response to a ride application that you sent to the Premier emailbox earlier than four weeks ago, please contact me directly.

Howard
901-230-0922

Becca

Premier Member
Hi Howard. Thanks for the follow-up! I just replied to your email and I noted that maybe my file sizes were too big and provided a link to a Google Drive folder or I can rescan for smaller file size and resubmit, whichever you prefer. Then, as I sent my reply I noted something else -- I'd sent our submissions to the ibaapplication address versus the ibapremiercertification address. Perhaps that makes all the difference?

I'd started the electronic submission emails as per the www.ironbutt.com/rideapp/ instructions, instead of hopping over to the www.ironbutt.com/premierapp/ after you sent the info email on that. I didn't see any material difference to the content of the generated email so I kept working with my drafts. I hadn't thought to check the email address. Doh! If the submissions are not lingering in the other inbox, or even if you'd just prefer them in the premier format vs the old format, I'm happy to resubmit to the proper box. :0)

Becca

Premier Member
Thanks Howard, certificates arrived yesterday! Well, they probably arrived Saturday but we were out (on another cert ride attempt even). :0)

Jim Craig

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
My first SS1000 was certified two days after I submitted it electronically. I purchased a premier membership at the same time I purchased the certification.
I finished a BBG 1500 last Sunday and sent in all the paperwork along with Google and Spotwalla maps the same day. But I sent it to the regular application by mistake and resent via the premier email address on Tuesday. I guess I was spoiled by getting my first ride certified so quickly. I was happy to pay a few extra bucks for the premier membership, but I'd be willing to pay extra for expedited ride certification.

My first SS1000 was certified two days after I submitted it electronically. I purchased a premier membership at the same time I purchased the certification.
I finished a BBG 1500 last Sunday and sent in all the paperwork along with Google and Spotwalla maps the same day. But I sent it to the regular application by mistake and resent via the premier email address on Tuesday. I guess I was spoiled by getting my first ride certified so quickly. I was happy to pay a few extra bucks for the premier membership, but I'd be willing to pay extra for expedited ride certification.
Howard who handles most of the Premier ride certifications lives in Florida and might be a little occupied with Irma at the moment.

Jim Craig

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Received my certificate and other goodies Friday. Strange, though - on my SS1K I received an email letting me know my ride was approved before I received my cert via snail mail, on this ride I received an email confirming my submission but not one confirming my ride had been certified.

Jim Craig

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Submitted using the normal link the day I got back, Sept 3rd. Found the email submission for premier members and submitted using that Sept 5th. Received my cert on Saturday Sept 23rd. It may have been delayed due to the fact that I submitted via the standard email address first or due to the hurricane in Florida.