DFW Defective Gene Pool RTE - February 25, 2017

Cliff Wall

Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
DFW Defective Gene Pool
6th Annual Meeting of Defectives and Ride to Eat

http://www.dfwdefectivegenepool.com/

The DFW Defective Gene Pool will host its' 6th Annual Meeting (Ride to Eat style) Saturday, February 25th, 2017 at Big Ray's Bar-B-Que in Allen, Texas. We'll begin gathering around 10:00am and hit the doors at 11:00 when they open for business.

http://www.bigraysbarbeque.com

The "Pool" was formed by a few past IBR finishers to give DFW area LD riders and potential LD riders an opportunity to swap lies, renew old acquaintances, encourage new participants to the sport, and generally to celebrate the defective gene that runs common to us all. Other less notable pursuits may ensue. Projected attendees include several past IBR finishers and a host of LD riders with significant rally and IBA ride experience.

If you feel you have the "defective gene" that causes this madness or you just like to gawk at weird people, please join us for this enlightening gathering. IBR Legend and fashion icon Bill Thweatt, first ever member of the DFW Defective Gene Pool Hall of Fame, will induct yet another extremely defective DFW area rider into our Hall of Fame.

For info or questions email or call Cliff Wall, IBA #459 ==> [email protected], (214) 616-7327.

Cliff Wall

Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
News Flash:

Wayne Boyter, DFW LD superstar, will be the 2017 inductee to the DFW Defective Gene Pool Hall of Fame. Please don't let that deter you from coming to our event. ;)

Seriously, Wayne has been an awesome contributor to the LD community and is an icon in the DFW area. We are thrilled that he has agreed to join our little HOF and he will be in attendance. Rumor has it that he will be giving out autographed pictures of himself. Just kidding again. Or, maybe not. We'll see.

Hope you'll join us in February and give Wayne a Big Tex Rally style welcome to the group.

Super8mm

Premier Member
I am ready.

I am RH negative and the ancient astronauts theorist believe that RH negative came from extraterrestrial so that should be defective "LOL"

Cliff Wall

Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
In a few weeks (February 25th) we will be inducting a Dallas-Fort Worth area LD riding legend into the DFW Defective Gene Pool Hall of Fame at our 6th annual RTE in Allen, TX. Wayne Boyter’s riding, rallying and Rallymaster accomplishments are phenomenal. As well as being one of the preeminent experts regarding the National Parks Tour, Wayne revived the Texas rally scene with his Big Tex Rally and also created the Cyco Stampede rally. Along the way he has racked up a long list of IBA certs and is a Finisher of the Iron Butt Rally.

Some riders may not fully appreciate the personal and financial sacrifice it takes to put together and pull off a rally. It is truly a time consuming job for which the organizer(s) usually are rewarded with the opportunity to write a personal check for the tab. Most rally organizers undertake the task because of a love of the sport, a desire to give others a rally opportunity, and to demonstrate their devilish sense of humor (see McGregor County Park bonus, BTR 2012). Wayne Boyter has to be at the top of any list of sick minded Rallymasters, but we love him for it.

Come join us in thanking Wayne for all he does for the LD community.

https://www.dfwdefectivegenepool.com

R

Roy Kjendal

Weather up here in NH is looking good for travel to and from (sort of). Just made reservations for the ride. Wondering if anyone is interested in a room share at the courtyard dallas for night of the 24th? if so just let me know....

Cliff Wall

Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The Allen, TX Chamber of Commerce has order up a picture perfect riding day for Saturday's DFW Defective Gene Pool Ride to Eat. =>

www.dfwdefectivegenepool.com

This year's instructive riding seminars include:

1) Bill Thweatt - 5 time IBR finisher and DGP HOF founding member - "How I overcame shyness and lack of self-esteem through provocative outer garments".

2) Paul Tong - IBR Finisher and soon to be ground-breaking 2017 IBR participant in the first ever all-male two up riding combo - "How I overcame shyness and lack of self-esteem through male bonding".

And...

3) Wayne Boyter - IBR Finisher, Rallymaster Legend and 2017 DFW Defective Gene Pool Hall of Fame Inductee - "How I overcame shyness and lack of self-esteem while scouting a nude beach bonus".

Danny Dossman has volunteered an additional seminar along the same theme, " How I overcame shyness and lack of self-esteem through doing a "Breeze Ride" on Galveston Beach during daylight hours." I hope there are no pictures.

Don't miss these informative seminars at this year's DFW Defective Gene Pool RTE, this Saturday, February 25, 2017 at Big Ray's BBQ in Allen, TX. And for you early partiers, join us at the Courtyard Marriott on Stacy RD. in Allen on Friday night. We'll be at the bar and a few of us are spending the night at the hotel.

See you this weekend in sunny Allen, TX!

Cliff Wall

Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I had to get that pesky IBR thing out of the way but I finally found time to upload the 2017 pics and revise the website a bit. We dropped the “DFW” and will now be simply known as the Defective Gene Pool, in response to requests from “Defectives” around the world who demanded a more inclusive name. Also revised the home page with pics of all the “Defectives” who have attended one of our events over the past six years. If you don’t see your pic in the slide show let me know and I’ll dig up and post your mug shot. Enjoy…

http://www.dfwdefectivegenepool.com/