Glad to join the association !

Hello there !
Really glad to be on the forum, am planning my first recorded ride out later on this year, doing 1000 miles in the day. Already doing some preliminary planning and looking forward to a great ride. Have really enjoyed reading peoples experiences on the forum, very inspirational and great writing.
I've been riding on-and-off for the best part of my adult life, having done tours of Europe and camping trips am looking forward to starting off my 'Iron Butt' later on this year.
I ride a GS500 for day to day riding, and a Hayabusa for touring. I have a few rides already for 2017 for touring, but am looking forward towards the 1000 mile adventure later on this year.
Here is a pic of my dog sweety on the reliable little GS500 and my hayabusa which will have a few more miles added to it this year :)

Attachments

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Alan good to have you along
Hope to see you a Ride to Eat soon. Its a good place to talk to other members and gain information on riding extreme distances safely.

You are most welcome to attend any events before becoming a member,
We know that after talking to us you will not be able to resist the challenge of a long ride.

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
Hello there !
Really glad to be on the forum, am planning my first recorded ride out later on this year, doing 1000 miles in the day. Already doing some preliminary planning and looking forward to a great ride. Have really enjoyed reading peoples experiences on the forum, very inspirational and great writing.
I've been riding on-and-off for the best part of my adult life, having done tours of Europe and camping trips am looking forward to starting off my 'Iron Butt' later on this year.
I ride a GS500 for day to day riding, and a Hayabusa for touring. I have a few rides already for 2017 for touring, but am looking forward towards the 1000 mile adventure later on this year.
Here is a pic of my dog sweety on the reliable little GS500 and my hayabusa which will have a few more miles added to it this year :)
You thought about entering the RBLR 1000 in June details on the forum ?

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
And then there's the 8 hour Iceni Rally on the 23rd September in East Anglia - https://www.ironbutt.co.uk/w3/iceni.php

Both the BBL & Iceni would set you up nicely for our biggest event the 36 hour Brit Butt Rally. Or just dive in and enter this year's BBR like I did back in 2010 - http://www.britbuttrally.info/

Although IBA rallies are more of challenge with route planning etc they can often be less strenuous as you're stopping more often to take photos of bonus locations. :)