Different named SS1000 rides?

Morrissey

Hi all. I've noticed riders posting pics of their various IBA rides on the Facebook group and noticed that some have completed SS1000 rides but they have different names. I know that the "Eclipse" ride had to do with completing an SS1000 along a route that crossed the path of the total eclipse this passed summer, but I see others like "Shark Nose" etc. I can't seem to locate any information about these on the website and a search here on the forum didn't turn up much.

Can anyone tell me if there is a list of these differently named SS1000 rides and what is required to qualify for them?

Thanks!

Morrissey

Thanks! I hadn't seen the "themed rides" down at the bottom. They all seem to have their own unique or special qualities to them warranting a special certificate except for the "shark nose". I don't see how finishing an ss1000 on a Road Glide is any more special than any other touting bike.

The eggsanity ride would be cool but no waffle house here in Canada so it would be a Road trip just to get to a starting point!

Thanks! I hadn't seen the "themed rides" down at the bottom. They all seem to have their own unique or special qualities to them warranting a special certificate except for the "shark nose". I don't see how finishing an ss1000 on a Road Glide is any more special than any other touting bike.

The eggsanity ride would be cool but no waffle house here in Canada so it would be a Road trip just to get to a starting point!
You'll have to create a special cross country "Timmy Ride" or "Hockey Night In Canada Ride"

-Mark

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Some of those "Bar-and-Shield" riders are 'unique'! ***

Every ride was one that somebody thought "Wouldn't be cool..." and it goes from there. Once Mike K. gives it a 'thumbs up', you get to be the person that creates the theme of the ride.

One of the local guys (remember, a days' ride is now "local", and that can now be a thousand miles, right??) to me came up with this ride last year:

https://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?threads/the-atomic-1000-a-saddlesore-to-history.1763/

Obviously, the theme for this ride is the challenge of going to Trinity, NM while on a SS1000. Oh, yeah, only accessible two times per year.

The "Big List" is comprehensive, I just don't know how complete it is.

*** That statement is NOT under any circumstances serious. It is strictly a tongue-in-cheek comment. No hard feelings intended. :)

pdbuzz

Premier Member

It's because the fairing on a Road Glide is so cool! ;)