Rule Clarification (help out a numpty)

Viper

Hi all, looking for a little clarification if someone could shed some light I would be very grateful. This summer I plan to do the Full Monty, as it is an extreme ride I believe it requires two signatures at the start and at the end, I plan to start this ride at 3am with a receipt from my local Tescos pay at pump (unnamed) so I am not sure what to do about the signatures and then i found this:
  1. A witness or photograph of you receipt including live odometer reading is required to sign your start and finish documentation.
  2. Get a time dated receipt at your chosen start location.

Am I right in thinking a photograph of the receipt showing my odometer reading can be used instead of getting two signatures? and the same at the end?
Thanks in advance..

orestesdjc

Premier Member
You can get your witness forms signed a reasonable time & distance from the start if you begin at a unsociable hour. In this case the night before & within 50 miles should be ok. You will still need to document the actual start time with a timed & dated receipt. I'm not sure if the new method you mention is used in the UK yet as it's still being rolled out.

Viper

You can get your witness forms signed a reasonable time & distance from the start if you begin at a unsociable hour. In this case the night before & within 50 miles should be ok. You will still need to document the actual start time with a timed & dated receipt. I'm not sure if the new method you mention is used in the UK yet as it's still being rolled out.
Thanks for your reply, the method i mentioned I found here... https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xj3Eh_MsTddDsiSUz7QYlVMWGTwb34cpRxGKJW9ySqc/edit

orestesdjc

Premier Member
I stand corrected. So taking a photograph of your start/end receipt (with the odometer reading on it)alongside your odometer should be ok.

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Hi there,

Dave is correct. Start and finish witnesses can still be used, but there is now an alternative:
  1. Obtain start receipt - computer-printed, showing date and time;
  2. Write current odometer reading on receipt;
  3. Take photo of the receipt next to the bike's odometer.
You can repeat at the end of the ride. I haven't really considered whether there's a problem mixing and matching - e.g. start witness, end receipt photo, but I believe that would be fine. It also means you can start or end a ride at a 24-hour unmanned fuel station.

Still waiting for the first ride of 2018 to be passed to me. At this rate, I might have to do one myself!

Regards,
Martin