Brit Butt Tour 2018

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Quick detour as well..... What a time for a pork pie....:)
A1 had 4 major closures with detours..., The M11 was also closed for a junction. Not what you want at the end of a ride, Along with the 2 inches of snow and ice on the M9 for a mile and a half (in June!) and torrential rain on the M74, an eventful ride. But I think I've got the 4 northern Scotland locations :D

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well, that's just brilliant news for the middle of June, a week away from the Summer Solstice!!!
Good effort on your 'popping out' Gordon.

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Great ride Young Gordon saw you were wondering round a grave yard at Wells of Ythan.
A little disappointed there. No place name signs, even the commemorative plaque for those lost during both world wars (when I found it hidden on the graveyard wall behind the gate) merely stated 'those lost from this parish'.

Fortunately 'the in case of emergency' location was still in the phone box. Even though the phone had been removed 2 years earlier. I couldn't see it on google earth though...... Ythanwells.JPG

Last edited:

Coxy

Mr Brit Butt Tour
IBA Member
Well done Gordon I was parked at that phone box and saw the phone had gone.
As you say a bit disappointing after all that way but hy ho that's how it is.So it was a photo of satnav with cons and away and the nears sign post.

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Hi everyone
Sorry for the delay but I've just returned from a trip to Scotland with my wife. It was the first time that I've ridden a motorcycle any serious mileage for some time. It was great fun but as taken a little time to get over it. We enjoy it so much we are going back for a week in July.

Anyway back to the mundane, the current scores are below and one thing well done John Cox on visiting all the checkpoints yet again.

1 Gordon Sears 65
2 John Cox 112
3 David Parker 1
4 John Cunniffe 0
5 Kim Leeson 73
6 Jon Parsell 3
7 Robert Hook 0
8 Ray Ward 0
9 Andy Bish 0
10 Martin Grafton 0
11 Martin Buck 20
12 Martin Harries 42
13 Darren Forster 1
14 Michael J Smith 45
15 Chris Jordan 8
16 Brian Eccles 9
17 Wulstan Melling 0
18 Paul Harrison 0

Please if you have any issues with the scores please email me at [email protected].

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Coxy, when you gonna post the spotwalla tracks for all those runs? It will be a massive spider's web :eek: :) :D