Welcome to the IBA Australia forum

Hi Chips if you drop an ETA at Dubvagus I may be able to pace you for a while. All the best for the ride. Tell me about the weather :eek:
Welcome Chips ! Best wishes for your introductory ride. I hope all goes well. Most of all, have fun doing it!
If you are coming as far as the end of the M1 (west Newcastle) then be sure to get a corner docket to show you came this way. (An alternate route via Kulnura and Wollombi may be your preferred option?)
Thanks Ian, good point. Looks like i'll be dropping into Caltex Cameron Park then. Much prefer to stay on major roads that time of morning.
Cheers Crispin.

Exciting times Chips. Corner dockets can be any receipt with the time and place, handwritten is acceptable too if nothing else is available. Corner dockets, fuel dockets for the log, start and finish witness forms will be all the documentation needed for ride certification. Some fill the log out on the ride, but I prefer to do it after. Ride well.

Hi Chips if you drop an ETA at Dubvagus I may be able to pace you for a while. All the best for the ride. Tell me about the weather :eek:
Hey Karl, Thanks. Weather Gods are starting to play nice :cool:. Aiming to hit Dubbo 7:45 - 8:00 1 x Red GS 1200 and 1 x Black GS 1200. Will be doing a flying fuel stop at the BP before turning onto Newell Hwy. Most welcome to tag along for a while. Cheers.

Exciting times Chips. Corner dockets can be any receipt with the time and place, handwritten is acceptable too if nothing else is available. Corner dockets, fuel dockets for the log, start and finish witness forms will be all the documentation needed for ride certification. Some fill the log out on the ride, but I prefer to do it after. Ride well.
Thanks for the hints. Have downloaded most of the info and checked fuel stop opening hours so hopefully all will go smoothly. I'll post a Spot Link before i head off. Cheers.

Welcome Chips ! Best wishes for your introductory ride. I hope all goes well. Most of all, have fun doing it!
If you are coming as far as the end of the M1 (west Newcastle) then be sure to get a corner docket to show you came this way. (An alternate route via Kulnura and Wollombi may be your preferred option?)
Thanks Ian, Looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up re corner docket - will drop into Wallsend quickly.

Tele

Premier Member
Thanks Ian, Looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up re corner docket - will drop into Wallsend quickly.
Wallsend is too much of a time consuming detour from your direction (IMHO). My thought would be come to the end of the M1 at Beresfield where it intersects with John Renshaw Drive. Two choices there. Turn right at the roundabout and there is a BP servo on the left. Can be a bit tough getting back out to head west.

Better still, go through the main roundabout (about 200m down the road) and take the first left into Yangan Drive and there is a 24hr Caltex straight in front of you. You can buy anything for a docket if you don't need the fuel. Then back out to the main John Renshaw roundabout, turn right and head through to join the Hunter Expressway to Singleton. Just a thought.

Wallsend is too much of a time consuming detour from your direction (IMHO). My thought would be come to the end of the M1 at Beresfield where it intersects with John Renshaw Drive. Two choices there. Turn right at the roundabout and there is a BP servo on the left. Can be a bit tough getting back out to head west.

Better still, go through the main roundabout (about 200m down the road) and take the first left into Yangan Drive and there is a 24hr Caltex straight in front of you. You can buy anything for a docket if you don't need the fuel. Then back out to the main John Renshaw roundabout, turn right and head through to join the Hunter Expressway to Singleton. Just a thought.
Haha, meant Edgeworth. Agree Ian, Wallsend to far off-track. Will post Spot tracker here tomorrow. Cheers.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher

Beresfield is by far the better option. (Time saver)

MIXR

Hi guys.

Had a long chat with Nico about a few things at the 2018 Memorial ride in Port Augusta and decided to join the party.

Been doing some long days and trips on the bike, but lost interest in the certification side for a while. Maybe I'll get back into it.

Lots of memories out on the roads these days. Doesn't seem to matter which direction you go there is a flashback about Davo, Toura, Kipper or someone else who's passed through your life at some point in the ride. Australia seems pretty small when you count the miles by how far a tank of fuel will get you!

Will catch up with many of you at various events and gatherings I guess.

Cheers, Mick.

Tablelands Highway, August 2018.
DSC00734 - Copy.JPG

MIXR

Yeah - Good to catch up. Blasted out of PA half an hour before dawn and got home with an easy 1330 under the tyres. Damn-near scored double-roos near Burra on a blind left uphill curve, but split them up the middle. Close thing.

Might have to move my retirement date and do the next Muster!