Fall Equinox SS1K

WY88

Premier Member
Planning on completing a SS1K on Sept 22 (at 6:54pm Pacific time) , which according to Google, and a few other calendars, is the Fall Equinox. The link of the IBA web page shows it as Sept 23rd.

Roadglider

Premier Member
I also was set to complete this ride. My plan was to start on the 21st and end on the 22nd. So can we get an official date for IBA rides. After reading your post I also found multiple sites that have both the 22nd and others the 23rd for Fall equinox.

WY88

Premier Member
Yeah, I just want to know what day the IBA is calling it official. I'm thinking the 22nd but... would be not too happy to knock out a ride on the wrong day due to no fault of my own.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
The equinox falls between the 21st and 23rd, depending upon the year. The reason some references show this year's on September 22nd and others show it on the 23rd is because of time zone differences crossing the International Date Line.The Northern Hemisphere marks the autumnal equinox this year on Saturday, September 22, 2018, at exactly 9:54 P.M. EDT.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Roadglider

Premier Member
The equinox falls between the 21st and 23rd, depending upon the year. The reason some references show this year's on September 22nd and others show it on the 23rd is because of time zone differences crossing the International Date Line.The Northern Hemisphere marks the autumnal equinox this year on Saturday, September 22, 2018, at exactly 9:54 P.M. EDT.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Thank you, Ira