The Dam Hard To Say Roundup - OCTOBER 27/28 - 30 Hours - Taree NSW

So does one assume that that is all the info we are gonna get at the moment? The format looks familiar.:)
Nice ride.
Yes. The base route is being sent out for those people who want to do the Roundup, but don’t feel confident in plotting with a gps or from the long list of waypoints to choose from that will come. The base route is a basic option. All shall be revealed....mwahahahaha. Actually, it’s a pretty user friendly roundup this one. Easy peasy

Also Rally Flags - please contact Bill, our mobmaster, if you don’t yet have a flag. The flags being used are your IBA number flags. Some of you will have them from your last Roundup. If for some reason you can’t get your flag on time, I’ll accept a home made material flag with your IBA number on it. Check with Bill for sizing etc

Fatman

Please confirm that you have all received your base route. This is a simple option to be a finisher. More info will be at hand when the Roundup booklet is handed out on the Friday night before the rally.
Yes but we had to convert it to a GPX file to make it work on our Basecamp. Tiger Bill knows and is going to issue the other bonus locations in various formats including GPX.

Thanks Bill.

I was planning on riding the Goldwing for the rally but my new toy will not be set up in time for this ride. The Tenere has a new set of tyres and is ready to go. Leaving early Wednesday morning for a week away from the brewery.
Excellent. You should receive your trophy from the GOat rally anytime. I sent it via Aussie Post

IBA-Tiger

To Registered participants (including ED535) - I'll resend the gpx and gpb files, as well as a csv file of the 'Base" route later today.
Looking at the List of experienced Roundup riders (and pillions!), I'd be surprised if any opt for this approach to the Roundup.
It was intended as an intro for maybe even a paper-based maps novice.
See you all next Friday.

Derrick

IBR Finisher
To Registered participants (including ED535) - I'll resend the gpx and gpb files, as well as a csv file of the 'Base" route later today.
Looking at the List of experienced Roundup riders (and pillions!), I'd be surprised if any opt for this approach to the Roundup.
It was intended as an intro for maybe even a paper-based maps novice.
See you all next Friday.
Soooooooo, just to ask a clarifying question. There's no towns/locations on the base route that MUST be hit? :confused::confused:

Which leaves me asking which of these is True/False/Maybe
(1) The base route is merely a suggestion that will let the rider pick up enough kms/points to be a finisher while riding some fun roads
(2) You can complete the rally successfully and never step foot/tyre on ANY part of the base route
(3) The base route has locations that MUST be visited, and there's other gnarly routing required
(4) Its a group tour and we should all just follow Crappy?
(5) Mid Ride Dinner (Saturday night) is at the Carinda Hotel
(6) We should all be afraid of what Milady is thinking/has planned for us??

:p:p:p

Derrick

IBR Finisher
Soooooooo, just to ask a clarifying question. There's no towns/locations on the base route that MUST be hit? :confused::confused:

Which leaves me asking which of these is True/False/Maybe
(1) The base route is merely a suggestion that will let the rider pick up enough kms/points to be a finisher while riding some fun roads
(2) You can complete the rally successfully and never step foot/tyre on ANY part of the base route
(3) The base route has locations that MUST be visited, and there's other gnarly routing required
(4) Its a group tour and we should all just follow Crappy?
(5) Mid Ride Dinner (Saturday night) is at the Carinda Hotel
(6) We should all be afraid of what Milady is thinking/has planned for us??

:p:p:p
OMG - Just check Sydney weather. Thank the motorcycle weather gods I'm not going through Sideney forecas ares THIS weekend:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: