Premier membership

Bntyhntr6975

Premier Member
It is my understanding that after becoming a Premier member, an email is sent with the info regarding such. What sort of time frame can this email be expected? As its only been a few days, Im not overly concerned but want to make sure there isnt a problem. I did get the receipt for Premier purchase (inbox) and have checked spam folder for the email but have not seen it.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
It is my understanding that after becoming a Premier member, an email is sent with the info regarding such. What sort of time frame can this email be expected? As its only been a few days, Im not overly concerned but want to make sure there isnt a problem. I did get the receipt for Premier purchase (inbox) and have checked spam folder for the email but have not seen it.
Right now, most of the staff is at the Iron Butt Rally, so it may be a little while.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Where can I find the date my Premier Membership requires renewal? Or is there a fixed date for everyone?
Cheers Olaf

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I think if you log on to the IBA eStore and take the "Membership" tab, it should show your Premier membership expiration date.

Ira Agins
IronButt Association

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I think if you log on to the IBA eStore and take the "Membership" tab, it should show your Premier membership expiration date.

Ira Agins
IronButt Association
Brr not on the Australian IBA site - need to find a different log-in!

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I have looking for this and cant find it. Just want to confirm that as a premier member DO NOT need start and finish witnesses.
Correct, but you still need to document it. Below is the description of what is needed:

For Premier members, we are replacing eyewitnesses with your required receipts taken in front of your motorcycle odometer.

WHAT IS NEEDED:

A camera - fortunately most of us have that in our smart phone (and this also gives you a back up of your receipts - no more I lost my receipts).

to be really prepared:

A small roll of tape to tape down receipts on windy days (believe me on this one, I've been doing this for a few years now)

A small plastic sleeve in case it is raining to cover the receipt.

Witness Statements - None needed!

Trip Log - FOR NOW, the trip log is still required.

Receipts

- Take a picture of your starting dated business receipt alongside your bike odometer, like the examples provided in the link below:

www.ironbutt.org/rides/receipts.htm

- Take a picture of your fuel receipts (at least every 350 miles/560km or less) along with your bike's odometer in the frame.

OPTIONAL: Do yourself a favor, when you take your receipt photo, email it to yourself.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
My friends will be so glad they don’t need to wake up at 4am any more.. :D
Actually, they never did.

We have always said that if one was starting a ride at 0-dark-thirty, one could obtain the starting witness signature the evening before. Similarly, it one ended a ride in the middle of the night, one could wait until the morning to obtain the ending witness signature.

But don't tell your friends. :)

Ira

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Actually, they never did.

We have always said that if one was starting a ride at 0-dark-thirty, one could obtain the starting witness signature the evening before. Similarly, it one ended a ride in the middle of the night, one could wait until the morning to obtain the ending witness signature.

But don't tell your friends. :)

Ira
LOL, I still haven't told my wife she didn't have to wake up and follow me to the gas station at 5am to witness my first SS/BB back in 2010 :)