Brit Butt Tour 2020

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
On Wednesday 8th July I'm going for QNC, 05D, JKH and JKD (Four around the Norfolk coast). It is a round trip of 681 miles, still not of a mind to book overnights.

Anything I should be aware of for these four locations? Can I get a ferry for the JKH and D's?

If I manage this, I'm now var nigh 70, it will get me to the dizzy heights of double figures bagged.

Martex

Dave, no ferries running on 10th June , but now everything's opened up, there maybe.
All straightforward no tricks. Enjoy.

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Dave, no ferries running on 10th June , but now everything's opened up, there maybe.
All straightforward no tricks. Enjoy.
Still no news on when we can go into Scotland or Wales.

Martex

I think we can go to Wales from tomorrow 06th July and Scotland but not bits of the South West.
Awaiting the official 'go' from HRH

Last edited:

JON12A

Premier Member
IBA Member
I think we can go to Wales from tomorrow 06th July and Scotland but not bits of the South West.
Awaiting the official 'go' from HRH
Ive Googled but I cant find anything allowing us to travel to Scotland or Wales.
Where have you seen that Martex ?
Think Scots can come here but not other way around and only to extended family.

JON12A

Premier Member
IBA Member
Excellent news on Wales.
However I'm not sure it says the English can visit Scotland or am I missing something.

Martex

Although it doesn't say people can now travel from England, if there is no limit on the distance you can travel, self contained holiday accommodation can open and Pubs and restaurants can serve outdoors. I would think it's now permitted to go.
Here is another article from BBC Scotland I've cut and pasted.

From Friday 3 July, people will be able to travel for more than five miles for leisure or recreation - although that restriction will remain in force in parts of south west Scotland, where a cluster of cases has been identified.
The use of self-contained holiday accommodation - such as cottages, lodges and caravans with no shared services - will also be allowed, along with second homes.
Children under the age of 12 will no longer have to follow distancing rules when meeting other children or adults outdoors.
Those aged 12 to 17 will still need to obey distancing rules, but there will no longer be a limit on the number of different groups they can meet during a day.
Children in both age groups will still be restricted to meeting outside in groups of up to eight people from no more than three households.
On Monday 6 July, pubs and restaurants will be able to open outdoor spaces, such as beer gardens.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Enjoy the trip. You doing Mull of Galloway, Corsewell, and Southerness Light Houses now the local restriction in Dumfries and Galloway has been lifted?

bmbob

IBA Member
No I did those 3 a week before lockdown started.
Tomorrows trip is for Round Britain Rally landmarks, up the North East coast to North Queensferry, turn round point is Stirling then home via Moffat. Hope the A74/M74 is open.
Stay safe
Regards Bob

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
What a wet ride to bag the Norfolk four. I set off about 04:00 and got home about 18:30 so 12.5 hours for 680 miles, so just a steady BB pace. I'm looking forward to feeling more confident to do an overnight here and there so I can get into the 41 remaining locations. The fish and chips at JKD Winkles Cafe Felixstowe were like the food of the Gods, the Sun had made a rare appearance and the first F&C's since lockdown, scrumptious.

Attachments