Question Regarding Completing Four Seasons Rides

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Ira:
I read the recent 2020/2021 Solstice, Equinox and Four Seasons Certification Program update email and also the link in that email. My understanding is there are at least five levels of the "4 Seasons" Rides which are: the 4 Seasons SaddleSore 1000, the 4 Seasons Bun Burner 1500, the 4 Seasons Bun Burner Gold 1500, the 4 Seasons Platinum which is an In-State BBG for each celestial event - all in different time zones, and the 4 Seasons 50cc Quest award.

Am I correct in understanding all of the levels of the "Seasons" rides? I ask because I have completed the 4 Seasons SaddleSore 1000 series and I am planning another round of "seasons" rides... though not to interfere with 20 December 2020... the U. S. Space Force's First Birthday Ride.
Thanks,

Doug Vance
Cordova, TN

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I can see there is a conflict between the recent announcement and the standard ride rules on the Big List. I've asked Mike for some clarification.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
A couple of things:

I agree one can do a 4 Seasons series of SS1Ks, a 4 Seasons series of BB1500s, a 4 Seasons series of BBGs, and a 4 Seasons series of 50cc's. But where do you see reference to a 4 Seasons Platinum ride of all in-state SS1Ks in different time zones?

Also, what specifically do you have in mind?

Thanks.

Ira

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I agree one can do a 4 Seasons series of SS1Ks, a 4 Seasons series of BB1500s, a 4 Seasons series of BBGs, and a 4 Seasons series of 50cc's. But where do you see reference to a 4 Seasons Platinum ride of all in-state SS1Ks in different time zones?
Ira
Ira: For reference, my Four Seasons BBG Platinum award from 2013 is included on the (newer) Ride List ...
FSBBGP.jpg
And also in the (older) text listing ...
"Four Seasons Bun Burner 1500 PLATINUM - completed on each major celestial events; Spring Equinox, Summer Solstice, Fall Equinox and Winter Solstice in a different time zone for each ride!"

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I see no written reference Ira, just this awesome achievement below I clipped from the certified ride online database, "The 4 Seasons BBG Platinum which is an In-State BBG for each celestial event - all in different time zones." Hope this helps. I plan to ride a next round of celestial event rides, though not to interfere with honoring the U. S. Space Force's 1st Birthday on 20 Dec 2020. So I am thinking I could ride a SS1000 on 20 Dec 2020 honoring the U. S. Space Force's 1st Birthday, riding onboard Patrick AFB, home of the 45th Space Wing, and then on 21 Dec 2020 ride a BB or BBG working towards completing my next round of celestial event rides. But in reality I believe I could ride on 20 Dec 2020 through 21 Dec 2020 of at lease 1500 miles and nest the U. S. Space Force's 1st Birthday within a Winter Solstice BB or BBG, correct?
Four Seasons Platinum.JPG

TheRoss

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have also completed the Four Seasons SS1000 award, and am planning on the Four Seasons BBG1500 award, to begin this month! It's nice to always have a ride on the calendar that's out there in the future, on a set day.