presidents day theme

Redwing56

Premier Member
Is there usually a presidents day themed ride? I was hoping to do a MLK but some of the stops are close to capital buildings which have been closed recently

JAORE

Premier Member
Thinking out loud....

Hmmm.... Presidential Libraries..... hmmmm.... off to the Google Maps den.

Updated:

Just did a Map Quest look. From my residence, near Montgomery, AL, I can hit Carter, Clinton, Bush (elder), Bush (junior), LBJ and home in 2042 miles. And I do not have a SS2000 cert! One question I'd have is how close can I get at night to photo/Spotwalla my visit. Street view might help. Sketchy areas for gas? Fences and signs? Say I DO have an IBA flag....

Last edited:

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Do you get a patch for these type of special rides or just a certificate?
It depends on the ride. If it is one that is already a standard IBA ride, there may be a patch, pin, etc. (e.g., in-state SS1Ks). But if you just dream up a ride, there is nothing other than the certificate (patches, pins, shirts all take $$$ to design and manufacture and require minimum quantities) - it doesn't make financial sense to do so for a ride completed by only a few riders.

That said, we are always will to work with riders who wish some specific wording on the certificate. Just include that wording when you submit your ride.

Ira Agins
Iron utt association

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Too many folks were attempting extreme rides as their first IBA ride and ended up biting off more than they could chew. So we require that one complete and have certified one of the easier rides first.

Ira