GTR Cooma - 06/02/2021

Skidoo

Premier Member
GTR Cooma 06/02/21 - This is majestic weather And an opportunity to ride some of our spectacular roads staying at Cooma for those interested. (Limited accomodation available Adaminaby, now staying at Cooma)

This is a good excuse to knock off a Power to the people ride or just turn up for a feed, drink, a creative yarn Or a relaxing night.

Amended rules to address changed road conditions are reflected in the rules - https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/ptp/index.html

In the next few days I’ll post more info re accomodation.

edit: accomodation and location updated

Last edited:

ACTCapo

Hi Derrick, the road from My Selwyn to the Cabramurra/Khancoban turnoff is dirt. The distance would be close to 9 kilometres
So can you get from Snowy Mts Hwy through Selwyn to Cabramurra? It’s just Link Rd past Selwyn turnoff that is still closed?

Is the road from Cabramurra to Khancoban currently open (Swampy Plains Ck Rd)?

Skidoo

Premier Member
So can you get from Snowy Mts Hwy through Selwyn to Cabramurra? It’s just Link Rd past Selwyn turnoff that is still closed?

Is the road from Cabramurra to Khancoban currently open (Swampy Plains Ck Rd)?
Last Friday it was open from Cabramurra to Khancoban. Correct, the road is closed just past the ‘Mt Selwyn’ turnoff near the ‘Three Mile Dam’ turnoff. This was left open to allow campers

Will chase up road conditions again later this week but currently awaiting to get my leg straightened, bloody rabbits, that’s another story for the day.

Looks like I’ll be driving at this stage as the surgeon wasn’t too happy when I said it’s only my breaking foot and unless it rains I can’t see any problems :D

edit: additional info added

Attachments

Last edited:

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Last Friday it was open from Cabramurra to Khancoban. Correct, the road is closed just past the ‘Mt Selwyn’ turnoff near the ‘Three Mile Dam’ turnoff. This was left open to allow campers

Will chase up road conditions again later this week but currently awaiting to get my leg straightened, bloody rabbits, that’s another story for the day.

Looks like I’ll be driving at this stage as the surgeon wasn’t too happy when I said it’s only my breaking foot and unless it rains I can’t see any problems :D

edit: additional info added
Heal quickly big fella!

Skidoo

Premier Member
Accomodation at Adaminaby
- Snowy Mountains Motel booked out (as of 23/01/21)
- Snow Goose hotel/motel may have limited accomodation on the night but couldn’t confirm how many may be available when I rang on the 23/01/21

But, Cooma is only 52km away and it’s a pearler of a road. It has numerous opportunities for dining and accomodation
My chauffeur and I have booked into:
Cooma Motor Inn
35 Sharpe St Cooma
02 6452 1366
Rooms from $119 however there are plenty of motels available in the area

Skidoo

Premier Member
Is there a set time / place to meet up? just wondering
Hope to catch up at Centennial Park at Cooma about 1500hrs (under the flags) and for those wishing to go out for dinner/drinks approximately starting at 1800hrs. I will be in Cooma from about midday. For those interested let me know and we can arrange a suitable venue And more appropriate time as necessary.

Last edited:

HACKLE

Bugger. Elwyn's birthday 2 days gone, mine 3 days away. Elwyn's daughter and grand daughter are coming up to visit the weekend of the 6-7. That stops me from attending. Have fun everyone, I'll be thinking of you. Cheers.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher

Hope to catch up at Centennial Park at Cooma about 1500hrs (under the flags) and for those wishing to go out for dinner/drinks approximately starting at 1800hrs. I will be in Cooma from about midday. For those interested let me know and we can arrange a suitable venue And more appropriate time as necessary.
I will be down there sometime on Saturday, look forward to catching up with those who can make it.