What is the new normal time to receive a certification?

My first ride was in June of 2019 and I received my confirmation email in about 6 weeks. My second ride was submitted (by mail) on 10/26/20 and I have not received confirmation. Should I be concerned that it was lost in the mail? Check not cashed either?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I think you have another month before you need to worry about it. I submitted a ride in Sept, 2020 via email and have not received confirmation yet.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
For US rides, somewhere around 14-16 weeks.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

I think you have another month before you need to worry about it. I submitted a ride in Sept, 2020 via email and have not received confirmation yet.
I submitted my first ride - a SS1000 - on Sep. 9, 2020 and was notified on Dec. 19, 2020 that it was officially certified. End of Jan '21 I received the certification package I ordered.

I have the same concern. Is there any way to know if my SS & BB submission was received? I sent my package back in November but I haven’t heard anything. I see here that it can take 3-4 months for a response but the way the mail is i’m concerned if you even received it. Also the check hasn’t cleared. Any thoughts?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Typically when you mail your application in, the first sign you have been verified is when the check clears.

Email submissions get a canned response that it was received.

Carl Hagen

Premier Member
I have Premier Membership and have had no response yet on a ride submitted via Postal Service over a month ago.

Is online/email submittal really faster and easier for the IBA folks? Just wondering.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I have Premier Membership and have had no response yet on a ride submitted via Postal Service over a month ago.

Is online/email submittal really faster and easier for the IBA folks? Just wondering.
Yes, submitting online is faster, especially if you submitted it to the email address reserved for Premier members.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
When I made an early electronic submission, it was requested that the entire dataset be enclosed in a single PDF. This was to ensure the package could easily be forwarded to another member of the certification team intact.

Thus, would surmise that the tree-and-ink (a.k.a. hardcopy) version would have to be digitized at some point in the processing chain.

Carl Hagen

Premier Member
Yes, submitting online is faster, especially if you submitted it to the email address reserved for Premier members.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Thank you for such quick response.
1. Would submitting online at this point and informing you that it was previously submitted via USPS screw things up?
2. Can you send me the Premier Member email address?

thank you.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@Carl Hagen - Your ride is in the system, a dual submission will create confusion at some point. Just leave it be. Sorry it is taking a while. If you still need the premier email, PM me.

@igurv - is this the first time you have inquired about your submission? 8 months is a long time for a normal cert. If it's something unusual or unique, anything is possible.

igurv

@Carl Hagen - Your ride is in the system, a dual submission will create confusion at some point. Just leave it be. Sorry it is taking a while. If you still need the premier email, PM me.

@igurv - is this the first time you have inquired about your submission? 8 months is a long time for a normal cert. If it's something unusual or unique, anything is possible.
I have been in touch with Ira and have done several follow ups but have not received any timeline as to when the ride will be approved.