Border to Border Question

My apologies if this has been asked and answered, I searched but did not find...

Is IBA still sanctioning/certifying B2B in light of current Covid border issues? If so:

Is there a specific route one must take to achieve B2B status?

With border crossing "iffy" due to COVID, is there any option to ride up to the border crossing (pictures, spotwalla, etc.) but not cross and still get credit/certification (rules state "must cross")?

Thanks!

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Not an official response...

Thinking the requirement hasn't changed (receipt from Mexico & Canada) as you mentioned.

Since the borders are still closed by the US Government - at least on our side of the line at the time I write this -, one might consider it's still a no-go at this time.

MarkG

Premier Member
When things open officially pick a route. Check for various apps and websites on border wait times. Especially on the Mexican side even if it shows a short wait time it is a wild guess. Pay close attention as to the operating hours of the border crossings.

I am heading to a Tijuana hotel tomorrow(8/20) for an EARLY morning Saturday(8/21) start. Hoping to do the 24 HR cert but will accept the 36 if my eyeballs get tired. I am getting covid tested tomorrow morning which Canada requires a within 72hr negative test AND be Vaccinated. Use the ArriveCAN app to register before going and it should be OK to get in. I will be attempting the OTAYMESA Crossing so hopefully quick and easy at pre-dawn start time. Also going to nest a I-5 end to end if possible which means riding to US side of SanYsidro crossing before heading north.
Anyone else headed this way Saturday?...LOL