SSSS1600K - Summer Solstice

ACTCapo

Inspired by Biggles, I thought I'd have a crack at the Four Seasons rides myself. A bit of last-minute planning and I was off.

Start docket at the nearest shops and I was off about 4am, but not before putting the liner in my jacket as it was a bit cooler than I had expected.
IMG_5250.JPG

A couple of pods of roos spotted roadside between Canberra and Murrumbateman, but otherwise an uneventful run to my first fuel stop at Wellington. Had to stop between Boorowa and Cowra to capture this amazing sunrise; the photo didn't do the colours justice.
IMG_5251.JPG

I think this sculpture was at Molong, honestly don't remember.
IMG_5252.JPG

I don't think I've ever been past the turnoff to Wellington Caves before. If I have, I certainly don't remember this.
IMG_5253.JPG

After refueling at Wellington (with the fuel warning light on for the last 20km), I headed to Dunedoo for breakfast at the White Rose Cafe (great homemade pie!), grabbed a corner docket and a quick photo at the painted silos.
IMG_5254.JPG

Another corner docket at Gilgandra, then headed south along the Newell, passing through Dubbo, refuelling at Tomingley. I had to stop and take a photo of this gnome collection at Alectown.
IMG_5255.JPG

Nothing much more to see and it was too hot to stop anyway, although I did have a water stop in West Wyalong and grab a photo of the plane after missing the turnoff for the one at Forbes.
IMG_5256.JPG

Fuel and more water at Narranderra, then another drink break at Jerilderie where I spotted this painted shed and also the Leopard tank at the park. Nice shady trees there for a rest too.
IMG_5257.JPG

IMG_5258.JPG

Onto Tocumwall and the southern end of the Newell. I thought the Big Murray Cod might be bigger...
IMG_5259.JPG

I decided against heading into Victoria, so followed the road north of the Murray through Mulwala (used to fish there quite regularly), Corowa and Howlong before grabbing fuel and a sandwich for dinner at Albury before heading up the Doom to home. It got quite cold again after dark and my knees were giving me hell. A quick stop for a finish docket and I rolled into the garage about 11:20pm. Just over 19hrs and 1650km on the odometer. Now to submit the paperwork and cross my fingers. Making plans for Autumn Equinox already...

Biggles

Premier Member
Quickest turnaround ever! Thank you.

“Hi Shane,

Your ride has been verified from your SpotWalla track as:

Total routed distance: 1639.524km
Track start: 2021-12-22 03:43:08
Track end: 2021-12-22 23:24:01
Overall AVG Speed: 83.3km/hr
Track Duration: 0 days, 19hrs 40mins 53secs”
Well that's new!! They will verify off SPOT data! Not before time! Maybe we will one day go all high tech and dispense with clumsy photos of dockets stuck to odometers and scrawled Ride Logs.

ACTCapo

I’d just be happy with an online submission process…

I did get this reply when I said thanks for the fast process:

“It's all distance recorded within the allocated time, backed up by your receipts, and you're well within the 'pass-mark' for distance in time”