Premier emails

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
After this is corrected, I'm interested in knowing what the problem turned out to be - because curious minds just want to know :)

BTW, My wife says I'm "nosey". But she also says I snore and pass gas in my sleep, and I know that can't be true either.

kerrizor

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Just wanted to check in... according to FaceBlock, a new premier email went out this morning - anyone on the "not getting emails" list receive it?

(I didn't, and nothing in spam, and the sending email address is on the "never send to spam" list)

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
Just wanted to check in... according to FaceBlock, a new premier email went out this morning - anyone on the "not getting emails" list receive it?

(I didn't, and nothing in spam, and the sending email address is on the "never send to spam" list)
+1 over here.

And yes, I checked and verified all the things I'm supposed to.

kerrizor

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
+1 over here.

And yes, I checked and verified all the things I'm supposed to.
Same - nothing in my spam folder, IBA email addresses whitelisted, confirmed everything is set correctly in the store.. :shrug:

I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, I really just want to stop missing emails :D

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
Agreed. My experience with our tech startup and email automation helped me to see that there are a myriad of ways (on BOTH ends) that automated emails can go badly. Especially if you're automating the process through third parties.

That's why my fur was ruffled at the earlier assertion that "other people are getting it, so it *must* be you". That's simply not a correct assertion, and it came across (to me, at least) as out-of-hand dismissive of the people who are financially supporting the Association.

kerrizor

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
UPDATE: I received my Premier email 13 minutes ago. Thank you.
As did I.

...I will say that I didn't mind the pushback; it seems frustratingly dumb to hear "are you sure it's plugged in?" but let me tell ya, so often it IS the case that the problem is due to, as my dad puts it, "insufficient operator headspace" ^_^

That we both got copies of the email just a few minutes ago makes me suspect there was an issue on the other end, but again, no harm, no foul. Hopefully folks understand it isn't that we feel entitled to some level of service, as much as we're just really eager and excited. ❤️

Carl Hagen

Premier Member
Cool. Maybe I'll get mine soon. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. I wonder how many folks aren't getting their emails that didn't know they weren't getting them. ? Hopefully they found the problem and will fix it for everyone.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Don't worry, though. I'm sure we'll be reminded that the problem isn't on their end.
There are lots of reasons you may not be receiving them that are out of our control. It could be as simple as having changed your email address and not updating your eStore account (from which we derive the mailing list). It could be with your ISP. Or anywhere along the way. But if we look at your account and see that you are shown as a Premier member, that we have your correct email address, and that the vast majority of Premier members are receiving the emails, my best guess is that it isn't, in fact, a problem at our end. :)

Carl Hagen

Premier Member
But if we look at your account and see that you are shown as a Premier member, that we have your correct email address, and that the vast majority of Premier members are receiving the emails, my best guess is that it isn't, in fact, a problem at our end. :)
I am receiving emails from the eStore (see my post above). Can you please verify my Premier Membership? Thank you.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
If you look at your eStore account, it will show you your Premier expiration date.

Carl Hagen

Premier Member
My Premier exp. date is 04/01/2022.
I have never changed my email address.
I do get emails from the store when I place an order for merchandise.

Dave28117

Premier Member
@Russ Black - It's not an automatic change to your member status. There is a thread here with instructions: LINK

These are the following IBA Premier News email header lines. They all come from "IBA eStore Support" No, I will not publish the actual content since it is intended for Premier members only.

IBA Premier News - December 19, 2021
IBA Premier News - December 2021 theme certificates
IBA Premier News - October 26, 2021
IBA Premier News - Senior Butt Rally - Epilog
IBA Premier News - Senior Butt Rally - FINAL RESULTS
IBA Premier News - Senior Butt Rally - Day 6 (Oct 1, 2021)
back thru SBR ay 1, daily.
IBA Premier News 09-SEP-2021
I just upgraded to premier membership early this month. is there a way to view past emails? I looked in the IBA eStore for "Support" but could not locate it. help?