Passport stamp

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I presume you're asking with regard to a Border to Border ride. If so, the rules note:

"Please note: You must prove you crossed the border with your motorcycle to both Mexico and Canada. Due to the language difficulties, we are flexible on documentation but still, the burden to prove you made the crossing is on you. Some acceptable forms of proof include: - Written statements from Customs agents that you crossed the border (use witness form). Be warned that these maybe difficult to obtain. - You may cross the border and obtain a time/dated receipt for a purchase and then cross back into the USA to obtain the ending witnesses. Pictures are also considered evidence on this ride that your motorcycle was in Mexico and Canada."

So the question is: does a passport stamp prove you and your motorcycle crossed the border? I think not. I would therefore recommend getting a DBR or taking a photo after crossing.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

48 states. Aug 2023. Going to run it solo. I wanted to do Mexico and Canada but I am a little worried about dealing with Mexico right now so I will most likely skip that part

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
Thanks for your reply. Good luck on the planning.

Hopefully someone will give you some advice as far as entering Mexico. I'm a little shakey about visiting Mexico too, since I've never done that. Maybe it's not as bad as it may seem.

Paul Meyer

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Rode into Mexico last January. Pulled us into a parking lot and checked registration also glanced in bags. Took about 20 minutes but ther was a group of us. Coming back out just waited in line for about an hour. US just looked at passport. This was at Presideo TX.

kerrizor

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Rode into Mexico last January. Pulled us into a parking lot and checked registration also glanced in bags. Took about 20 minutes but ther was a group of us. Coming back out just waited in line for about an hour. US just looked at passport. This was at Presideo TX.
Every time I've been down to MX, someone else handled all the paperwork, and just told me who to pay and how much :D It's probably a simple process, but it feels like it's difficult to find out a step-by-step process for it... :D

It's funny how sometimes someone else just takes care of everything. Have you tried reaching out to fellow travelers for some inside tips on the step-by-step process?

Totally switching gears here, I randomly came across this link: https://fakeyourdrank.com/how-to-pay-for-a-fake-id how-to-pay-for-a-fake-id. It's kind of amusing what you find online, right? Anyway, hope you unlock the secrets of the passport stamp soon and share them with the world!

Last edited: