Question about ride around PA

Mike721

Premier Member
I have a question about the Ride around Pennsylvania, I might not be understanding the rules for documenting it correctly.
https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/rap/
It mentions a bunch of jurisdictions to visit but only specifies that a DBR is needed in the start and finish cities, does this mean the others are only documented by Spotwalla and whatever receipts I get every 200 miles or so.. so only 2 DBRs are required from the same place and the other DBRs might not be in those exact cites?

This is very different from the Ride around NY where it specifies that DBRs are needed in each location.
I earned that one already and it was a challenge, I loved it.
https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/nys/index.html

Thanks for help with clearing this up

igneouss

Premier Member
I'd also like to know more. I seem to recall one listed town that might not have any DBR's available. One can get a DBR about 20 miles away but what documentation would be required for a 'no DBR available', but otherwise required, stop? Specifically, New Freeport.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
After the listing of the required places, the rules state:

"You must obtain the receipts in the order listed. Either order (clock or counter-clock) is fine but they must be in order, e.g. Philadelphia MUST come immediately before or after Morrisville."

So it looks like the wording that does not explicitly ask for DBRs should be asking for them. In other words, obtain a DBR in each of the listed places.

If there is no DBR available, then fall back on the basic rule - it is up to you to demonstrate you rode the ride you claim by submitting sufficient documentation to do so. So if you can take a photo or series of photos showing your bike at the place, for example, it would help reinforce your Spotwalla track data.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

igneouss

Premier Member
Thanks Ira.

After the listing of the required places, the rules state:

"You must obtain the receipts in the order listed. Either order (clock or counter-clock) is fine but they must be in order, e.g. Philadelphia MUST come immediately before or after Morrisville."

So it looks like the wording that does not explicitly ask for DBRs should be asking for them. In other words, obtain a DBR in each of the listed places.

If there is no DBR available, then fall back on the basic rule - it is up to you to demonstrate you rode the ride you claim by submitting sufficient documentation to do so. So if you can take a photo or series of photos showing your bike at the place, for example, it would help reinforce your Spotwalla track data.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Mike721

Premier Member
Thanks, that's what I thought, it's the only ride that doesn't ask for the DBRs the way the others do, I think it is just not clearly written.
I had the same concern with New Freeport, there isn't much there looking at the google map.

rneal55555

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks, that's what I thought, it's the only ride that doesn't ask for the DBRs the way the others do, I think it is just not clearly written.
I had the same concern with New Freeport, there isn't much there looking at the google map.
If the timings right you could always buy a stamp at the Post Office or take a picture in front of it with a spotwalla mark, and let them know no DPR available.