Recommendations

RobG4

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Buy Fred Harmon's video series on Vimeo. It's less than $100.00 but he shows you how to do all of your own maintenance, remove all of the plastic, everything. And you have access to any future videos that he publishes for the 2018+ Goldwings. It is VERY MUCH worth the money if you plan on farkling the bike yourself or doing your own maintenance.

R3Tex

Premier Member
Thanks guys. I've always done my own work, but this is my first adventure into the Honda world. Harley, Triumph, Kawa, Suzuki, even my wife's Spyder...all good, but I'm still learning which button turns this thing on!! Time to do a little research.

R3Tex

Premier Member
Looking to add a set of Denali D7 lights under the mirrors but the Denali mounts look sorta sketchy. I've been looking around at various vendor websites to find a better option, but no joy as yet. Looked at Firecreek, Socalmoto and Clearwater. Any thoughts?

RobG4

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I contacted Denali about mounts for my D7's, and they recommended that I get the Firecreek ones. They admitted that theirs was not a good design. If you get the ones from Firecreek, Honda already has the outline of the holes you need to drill on the inside of the underside of the mirror cover.

Terrywerm

A good Goldwing info forum (since you had forums in your list) is Gold Wing Owners Forum. I've been over there for quite some time and I can highly recommend them. There are some IBA folks over there too, they are the ones that told me about the IBA forum. There are other GW forums out there and I cannot attest to any of their attributes, but I mention GWOF only because it is the one I am most familiar with.

As for recommended equipment, I cannot help too much there, as I ride a 2008 GW, and there are some significant differences between it and your new ride.

Wherever you go, and whatever you do, enjoy the new ride!

Horseiron1

Premier Member
Looking to add a set of Denali D7 lights under the mirrors but the Denali mounts look sorta sketchy. I've been looking around at various vendor websites to find a better option, but no joy as yet. Looked at Firecreek, Socalmoto and Clearwater. Any thoughts?
Are you still looking for brackets?

Horseiron1

Premier Member
I have a set of Firecreek brackets but no bolts or spacers. I can send them to you if you want. Send me your address and I’ll get them to you.

Tep_52

Premier Member
I have the clearwater super selvena. They bolt up nicely. Feel free to ask me any of your farkle questions as I am quite intimate with this bike now