2007 BMW R1200RT - Sold!

DrNeo

Premier Member

Alas I think it's time to move on fromthis wonderful 2007 BMW R1200RT as I've been afflicted with the GSbug. I'm doubtful you'll find another well-tested, excellently set-upHexhead RT as this. I have zero hesitation in riding this bike acrossthe country.

So what makes this bike so great atlong distances? Well, starting at the front:
  • Avant front fender guard extensionto reduce flats and keep spray off the front of the engine
  • Ztecnik stainless steel crashguards on the cylinders – with flip out, rotating Illium highwayfoot pegs
  • Aeroflow headlight protector –saves your expensive headlight housing
  • Standard BMW heated grips
  • Standard BMW Cruise Control
  • Front/Rear working ABS
  • A pair of independently switchedMotolights for low light and conspicuity
  • A pair of Cyclops Adventure SportsLong Range Optimus LED lights – flood for the right side, spot forthe left – wired to come on with the high beams (but can also beturned off independently)
  • Cee Baily windscreen with extender– creates a perfect bubble without any back pressure for a tallindividual. Also comes with a Vstream windscreen if you'd like totry that too
  • Rare BMR GPS deck for mounting allsorts of gadgets – several RAM balls to choose from
  • Cyclops Adventure Sports tirepressure system – monitor both your tire pressure and temperaturewith modifiable alarms (and easy to replace batteries)
  • Bar backs to give you a slightlymore upright posture and less reach
  • LED Voltage monitor
  • GS mirrors – gives you a betterview than the stock mirrors, especially with a passenger or theauxiliary g
  • Linda T Bags tank bag – with aclipboard pouch, rain cover, and tons of pockets. This is mounted onthe BMW rail clip system – so easily mounts to the stock rails –no paint scratching and easy, secure mounting
  • Several extra SAE plugs andPowerlet sockets around the bike to plug in you heated gear orbattery tender
  • Front AND rear Russell Day Longheated seats – both work great
  • Denali powerhub to control theauxilary gas tank pump, lights, GPS's, heated clothing plugs, etc.
  • HEED Rear bag protection bars thathad an additional crossbar mounted on them for strength andadditional mounting points
  • Both standard, color-matched BWMsaddle bags
  • Givi top box – fits a full-sizedhelmet
  • 4 Gallon Auxiliary gas tank thatis mounted on a rare BMR shelf. In about 5 minutes, the tank isswapped for the passenger seat, then plumbed into the main gas tankvia a switched small fuel pump. This gives you about 10 gallons ofworkable fuel or about 400 miles at highway speeds. The Aux. Tankhas a Linda T cover on it that gives you more pockets, plus a spotto hold a gallon water jug that you can use to drink on the fly.
  • Admore light bar on the back withflash on braking, plus sequential turn signals
  • Bike also comes with a spare rearwheel and tire – so you don't have to worry about not being readyfor your next long ride
  • The Garmin gps mount and smallhandlebar bag are not included with the sale of the bike.
  • There's probably something thatI'm forgetting, but I'll try adjust the ad if I do
What about the maintenance history?

I have a majority of the paperworkdating back to when the bike was sold in 2007. A good service historyprior to me owning it. I have done several Blackstone oil analysis onthe bike and they have all come back great (posted on the BMWMOAforum too). Current mileage is about 123k. I have kept track of EVERYgas fill up along with minor/major maintenance in a spreadsheet andonline. A majority of the service items have always been done beforethey are needed (final drive oil/lube, transmission, alternator belt,spark plugs, etc.). The bike has been stored inside when not out onthe road and in a heated garage in the winter.

The bike received an aftermarket EIdriveshaft and a 2009 Vented final drive at around 93k. The newerfinal drive solves the issue with the main crown bearing wearing outprematurely. The bike also receive a low-mileage transmission afterthe previous one developed a weird whine at 112k, while the bike wasapart, a new $600 oil-resistant clutch was installed. You're ready toride for many, many more miles.

What's the price?
KBB states that a typical listing priceis $6180 with a trade-in value of $4255. Looking around at variousforums, these are listed between $4500 and $8900.

I think with the amount of aftermarketgoodies, and good maintenance history, we can start in the middle at$5200 or best offer. Located in Rochester, MN. Clear title – noloans.

I fully understand that winter inMinnesota is not the ideal time to sell a bike. I can pick you upfrom the local airport, help you load in the trailer, help a shipper,etc. I just want the bike to go to a good home :)

DrNeo

Premier Member
All PM's replied to!

Here are some more pictures of the neat tank bag and the spare wheel. The tank bag has a clipboard holder on top for notes, routes, etc., but is velcroed on, so you can run it without if needed. Rain cover covers the whole thing, but stores in a small pouch on the inside of the bag.

DrNeo

Premier Member
Since I had the parts and oil on hand - the RT got a re-lube of the driveshaft (with Guard Dog Moly) and some new gear oil and crushwashers. Everything is looking good!

Tcmcnomad

NoMaD
Premier Member
I can't afford it yet, but I'm crossing my fingers and following this post in hopes my money comes in before it's sold.