Tom Tom Go Navigation phone app

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
I was wondering if anyone had purchased the Tom Tom Go Navigation phone app?
I currently use a Garmin595LM and an ip

Any feedback?

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
I was wondering if anyone had purchased the Tom Tom Go Navigation phone app?
I currently use a Garmin595LM and an ip

Any feedback?
Using this forum with my iPhone is not good!
I said I currently use “an iPhone with Google Maps or Guru Maps but a mate said the new Tom Tom App was better than Google Maps. Any feedback”

biquer

Premier Member
Hi Dave
I've used the app for the last few years, its good. When you set up an account anything you store or create on your pc will automatically sync with and appear on your phone. The routing is much better than Garmin. All the info you need can be seen on the screen and there's a bar down the right hand side showing distances to the next fuel. The only issue is that it wont import a GPX file of waypoints only, there has to be a route on it. There is a workaround for that though, I'll not bore you with it here but if you want to know more let me know. I think you can download a free version of MyDrive to your pc for a play.
PS My phone is android, but I'm sure the app is the same.

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Thanks.
My main issue at present is unless I have access to a PC or LapTop I can’t import GPX files. I was hoping with TomTom I could but I’d want to import a GPX file with only waypoints, Celtic Rally.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Agree with biauer’s comments as I also have been using the app for a couple of years and use it weekly without issue.

thekaz

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have been useing it since BETA .. It was my only app for my 2019IBR finish and my 2023IBR finish. Its quirky in its actual routing sometimes. What I did like was it was fast , the live traffic is awesome, it was easy to change on the "fly", loads POIs easily, regular updates and fairly customizable....

biquer

Premier Member
Thanks.
My main issue at present is unless I have access to a PC or LapTop I can’t import GPX files. I was hoping with TomTom I could but I’d want to import a GPX file with only waypoints, Celtic Rally.
Dave

The waypoints for the Celtic Rally go out 36 hours before the start, plenty of time to get them loaded.
Joe

Firstpeke

I went to the TomTom website that was showing it as a subscription app for mobile.... so thought, no, not doing that at £3.99/month.

Disconnected the VPN and got a different page on the website, app available on play store.... needless to say went to there and it said, "Free with in app purchases" on installation it then of course said it was a 7 day free trial, billed thereafter at £1.67/month billed as £19.99/year, better but not going there yet..... so uninstalled it.... there's more!

Went back to play store and now it didn't mention in app purchases etc so installed it again, but same routine once installed, free trial then as above....

I consider this as sharp practice, saying "free blah blah" then of course it isn't.....

Leaving it installed but not active, may just install my BMW Navi 6 on my NT1100 to complement my Garmin XT as a backup.... but then, I have Apple car play on the bike so may just use that as a standby!

Meh....