Search results

1. Garage Monster

Website errors

On the home page the link for TROPHIES does not work
  2. Garage Monster

Complaint about Certification time

The IBA needs to do something. Charge me more but hire somebody to do the certifications. I am proud of my rides and appreciate the care taken but these people that are waiting months and years is not good.
  3. Garage Monster

Do I need the new spotwalla?

Well, I like the premier submittal process. I visited the new Spotwalla page and found the part about how much it costs to be confusing. In between rides will I be charged? They talk about messages....what messages? Dumb questions but I have not used Spotwalla since the pandemic started.
  4. Garage Monster

The Darkest day...Winter Solstice 1000

Congratulations. Those of us who ride in the cold know how tough it can be. You da man and thank for the report.
  5. Garage Monster

Do I need the new spotwalla?

First let me say I am getting old and maybe brain cells are dying. Thanks mostly to Covid and stress at work I have not done a ride in the last 2 years. Now I read about the new Spotwalla and I feel really stupid. In the past I have used Spotwalla and the Bubbler app. In the future, as a premier...
  6. Garage Monster

list of finishers

I can't seem to find the pages where all finishers are recorded. Any help?
  7. Garage Monster

50CC Quest Ride Report

Congratulations for a great ride. Mine was from Santa Monica, CA to Tybee Island , GA and was longer but I mad it. Planning could have been better as my stop during the ride was in Reno, Oklahoma and it was 32 degrees. I was frozen. Last stop on Tybee Island at about 2:00 AM and the station had...
  8. Garage Monster

need a little guidance on this site

Eric, Than. That was my problem, .org and .com. I have links to the forums saved and could not remember how to find the estore. Thank you so much you so much. I thought my premiere membership expired this year and was happy to find it expires next year. Thanks agaon
  9. Garage Monster

need a little guidance on this site

Sorry. Ben a premiere member for some time but have always found this site to be a mystery. I need to find out when my membership is due for renewal and I have been told to go to the estore. I can find nothing on this site that tells me how to get there. Thanks for pointing me in the right...
  10. Garage Monster

100ccc ride questions

I think it is important to remember that all things are easy sitting in front of your computer. I did my 50CC 2 years ago after almost a year of planning. I had to plan when to go as I am still fully employed. The ride commenced in the middle of April and weather reports kept getting worse as...
  11. Garage Monster

3rd time is not always a charm ....

Good job. Way to press on regardless.
  12. Garage Monster

Starting to plan a 50cc differently

Heck no. Go for it and have fun. My 50CC was east except freezing cold and I went from Santa Monica to Tybee Island GA.
  13. Garage Monster

SpotWalla/GibbyTrip Questions

I use Bubbler Pro and can set the report to as little as 5 minutes. Pro is the paid version and if I remember the standard free Bubbler app was limited to 10 minutes.
  14. Garage Monster

2020 IBA Print Calendar is ready

Mine is on the way also.
  15. Garage Monster

Has anyone been successful with an electronic submission?

I too was successful. SS1000 was 9/21/19 and receive certificate within 4 weeks. I am a premier member but not sure that makes a difference. I paid with PayPal and included the confirmation with my photos of receipts Google map, and the Spotwalla track. Easy peasey as they say.
  16. Garage Monster

Matt Wise - 45,000 miles - 45 Days

After my 50CC last year I can only imagine, having read your report help, what 45 in 45 is like. You are truly an iron Butt.
  17. Garage Monster

New Member 2014 BusaWing

All of my early rides (SS1000) were on my Hayabusa. Bigger screen, Heli bars, lowered pegs and a custom seat. I had added electronic cruise control and miles were not a problem. Great machine. When I say early rides they were all after turning 60.
  18. Garage Monster

What to eat night before Saddle Sore 1000

I have done several SS1000 rides and last spring did the 50CC. I don't eat anything special the night before and eat lightly while riding. During the SS1000 I always stop for one meal during the day and spend 20 -30 minutes eating and relaxing, then back on the bike. Just enjoy what you eat and...
  19. Garage Monster

A Leatherneck and an Iron Butt (a Marine attempt at the Iron Butt Association 48 Plus/10 aka 49/10

I just read your entire post for the second time. So detailed it id hard to take it all in. Did want to make a correction at the beginning. The two mountains in Colorado are the highest mountains with a road to ride to the top. The highest point in the lower 48 states is still Mount Whitney in...
  20. Garage Monster

My 50CC report and Semi-Truck Abducting Aliens

Nice report. I too have been fooled by the pass East of San Diego even during what is considered a summer month. Froze my butt off and a few hours later as I entered AZ I was sweating like a pig.