100 year anniversary of ‘Remembrance (Armistice) Day’ in Australia

Skidoo

Premier Member
Well, we are approaching the 100 year anniversary of ‘Remembrance (Armistice) Day’ in Australia next year!

Planning has commenced to celebrate this once in a lifetime experience by participating in a ride commencing anywhere however all riders to successfully complete the ride must obtain an end docket/completed witness forms in Canberra between 10:00 and 10:30 EST.

Note:
  1. Riders may commence their ride anywhere
  2. Any ride type may be attempted provided it adheres to the IBA ride application rules
  3. Ride must conclude in Canberra on the 11th November 2018 and riders must sign in (docket/finish in between 10:00 and 10:30hrs EST, check-in location being reviewed due to altered traffic routes on day)
  4. A special ride certificate will be developed
  5. Depending on the number of riders participating, a unique patch cloth will be available to riders participating in the ride
Following attendance at the War Memorial in Canberra, we are planning fellowship at a nearby location (still in the negotiation phase).

https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/australia/remembrance-day
http://www.defence.gov.au/events/centenaryofanzac/ProgramOfEvents.asp

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Well its out of the bag now mate.
And I have my time booked a couple of days either side already.
Ive had a ride of this nature sitting boiling away for a couple of years now. Rejigging my start time to fit the finish time window should be easy.

Both my grandfathers saw service.

hagar

Premier Member
Well its out of the bag now mate.
And I have my time booked a couple of days either side already.
Ive had a ride of this nature sitting boiling away for a couple of years now. Rejigging my start time to fit the finish time window should be easy.

Both my grandfathers saw service.
Well and truly out there now Chris and really hope to see you there.

Tele

Premier Member
Actually rostered off for that one (based on my current roster). :)
Have to admit though ...... I went straight to the 11 November roster in 2017 to check my availability .... marked myself down for leave , and then realised this is not 2018 yet .....:oops:

G'day Karl,
For those of us who don't mess with our mechanical or body clocks is the check in time 10-10:30 Eastern Standard Time or that convoluted Eastern Daylight Saving Time sometimes known as Eastern Summer Time.

cheers
HarryR

Skidoo

Premier Member
So when does Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time start this year.
Daylight savings commences in NSW at 02:00hrs, Sunday 1st October 2017 and stops 02:00hrs 1st April 2018.
So; check in is required between 10:00 and 10:30 local time in Canberra.

For interstate riders, consider the time differences when border hopping.

Skidoo

Premier Member
G'day Karl,
For those of us who don't mess with our mechanical or body clocks is the check in time 10-10:30 Eastern Standard Time or that convoluted Eastern Daylight Saving Time sometimes known as Eastern Summer Time.

cheers
HarryR
We also find HarryR that daylight savings also causes:
1- the chickens stop laying eggs
2- the curtains fade more
3- cows milk tends to sour
4- kids go wild

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
G.day Harry.

Im wondering if its time we had a ride together?
I think we could link up some place on our rides easy as then finish the bulk of the thing togeter in the ACT... easy as.

What do you think?

Sounds like a good plan Gatey.
Its been too long since we last caught up.
I'm hoping for a kitchen pass for next years muster but as the date falls on my birthday my family often have other plans for me.
I have a preliminary SS1600 plan for the Centenary of Armistice ride and look forward to meeting everybody in Canberra to honour those who gave all for our way of life.
cheers
HarryR