2016-04-09 Hartside Cafe, Penrith

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
I've got him a card, because I'm nice like that.

Birthday cake in a bike does not travel well, Hartside have cake, I'll bring several boxes of candles as he must be well old.

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'm planning on getting to the lake district early to miss traffic. Anyone else up for 9am breakfast.
Filling Station Cafe Crosthwaite Rd Keswick. CA12 5PR
Hi Phil & Graeme & Sally... Seems Like I have time for a quick Breakfast in the morning ... See you all down the road for 09:00

And hopefully I'll get to the RTE at 12:00 ... Not the Euro or Pub time of 16:00

Looks like it's going to be a good turn-out too ... :)

I've got him a card, because I'm nice like that.

Birthday cake in a bike does not travel well, Hartside have cake, I'll bring several boxes of candles as he must be well old.
There you go Dave, a new Top Gear style IBA challenge, set distance and route and final points awarded to condition of cake on arrival

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
awww candles....Cake...... I'll have to come now.

For those that make it I'll see you at the Filling Station Café at 9 for Breakfast

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Great location, great weather, great roads, good company - excellent RTE. A really good turn-out, too. Looking forward to the next one already.

Regards,
Martin

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I left home nr Bristol at 530am.
Stopped at Gloucester for fuel as the sun rose

I arrived 270miles alter just before 930 almost exactly when the Zumo 660s said I would. Ziggy was already there and Mike and Sue arrived just after.

The full English was so good that I ate it before I managed to get a photo

After eats we headed off separately
There was a good crowd at the Hartside Café. The ride up the twisty hill was brilliant

The weather was chilly but very clear with views for miles to the snow topped hills.

After the customary tyre kicking we headed inside to eat

Thank Steve for bringing the best ever birthday cake given to an IBAUK President

The group photo

Wilf showed up and got on the mugs of tea

Arty Pic

I left at around 3.30pm and arrived home at 7.30pm. It rained most of the way from Manchester to Birmingham but rain doesn't make any difference to my pace.
When I got home I jet washed the crud off the tiger 800 and put the heater on in the garage to dry it out.

As always good company and good food. And a really good turnout.