2016 HW3 Rally - Grand Junction, CO - Aug 19, 20, 21

Justin

Howdy Folks! I'd like to invite y'all to come join us for next year's How The West Was Won rally!

The HW3 (How the West Was Won) is a motorcycle endurance rally that is 32 hours in duration. Featuring some of the finest roads and unique and interesting bonus locations in the west, The HW3 promises to be the most fun you can have on two wheels in 2016. The event runs from Friday, August 19th through Sunday, August 21st, 2016.

The HW3 is a “scavenger hunt” type rally. Riders will be sent a bonus pack a week before the rally, with a list of the bonus locations. From that list, the goal is to plan a route to bag as many bonus locations and points to reach finisher status. Points will be tweaked so that finisher status will be about 1150 miles. Placement in the event is based on points collected above and beyond finisher status. This is primarily a street bike event. There will be bonus options that may be on dirt roads, but nothing that cannot be safely navigated via a street bike.

For 2016 we’ll be running out of Grand Junction, CO, smack dab between the best riding in the Colorado Rockies, and Utah’s National Parks. Epic riding, scenery and bonus locations will abound for this event!

The rider fee is $165 for single riders and $225 for two up couples. The fee includes two awesome banquets - TBD for Friday and a Steak dinner on Sunday after the rally, and rally shirt for all participants.

Please visit our website for more details and registration.

The rally is hosted at the Clarion Inn in Grand Junction, CO. We have a lot of room and guests are encouraged. There's tons of great sights to see nearby such as Colorado National Monument, Grand Mesa Scenic Byway, Dinosaur Diamond Scenic Byway, and the museum of Western Colorado. Rider guest cost is $25 per each banquet. Visitor cost is $30 per each banquet.

We've got a great group of riders signed up already, and spots are filling up fast. If you want to join us, don't delay!

If you like awesome riding roads, epic scenery and engaging bonus locations, then this rally is for you. Oh, and here's a teaser shot of one of the many awesome roads you might get to ride :).

Justin

FYI Folks - If you're planning on attending the HW3 rally, please take a moment to register at your earliest convenience. Scouting will be starting in the next few weeks, and we're totally stoked over the awesome places riders will get to choose from for this event. Were over 40 riders now out of 50 spots. 5 months to go, and it goes fast!

http://hw3rally.ledrider.com/

The event runs from Friday, August 19th through Sunday, August 21st, 2016, out of Grand Junction, Colorado. Riders will get to experience some of the best riding roads of the west, and visit epic bonus locations. We look forward to seeing y'all in August!

Teaser Photo of epic scenery you may get to enjoy:

Last edited:

Justin

FYI Folks - Less than three months to go, and down to about 5 spots out of 50. If you want to join us, now's the time to get signed up! Been out doing some rally scouting the last few weekends, and riders are in for a real treat. We're taking you to some of the most awesome places west.

Becca

Premier Member
{Whew} We made it in, thanks, Justin! This is going to be fun and our first rally of this type. Hubby will get to try his hand at route planning for himself, he has long relied on me as his travel coordinator. I'm not sure he knows that part yet. :0)

Justin

{Whew} We made it in, thanks, Justin! This is going to be fun and our first rally of this type. Hubby will get to try his hand at route planning for himself, he has long relied on me as his travel coordinator. I'm not sure he knows that part yet. :0)
You guys got the last two spots, we're up to 50 :)

But, I'm still accepting a few more. So, anyone else that wants to ride, now's the time to get signed up!

Becca

Premier Member
Great pics, the photographer did a great job. :0)
Are we OK to download ones we're in and post them ourselves (with photo credit to fancyfeettr & HW3)?