2016 Memorial Day Memorial Ride

Howard Entman

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
For several years, we have held a Memorial Ride in fall. The weather has made it hard for riders in the north to participate--nobody likes riding in the snow and freezing rain. So last year, and again this year, we will hold a Memorial Day Memorial Ride.

You can plan any route you like, but at least 1,000 miles, and you must be riding some part of the ride on Memorial Day, May 30 (even if you finish at 12:01 am). You can dedicate the ride to anybody you wish to remember. You will receive a "special' certificate for this ride, along with an extra certificate that you may give to the family of the person you're remembering, and several 2016 Memorial stickers.

If you're not familiar with the Memorial Rides, go to here for a history of these rides.

Sign up for this ride at here. There is no payment due at registration, but signing up let's us communicate with you directly with more info about the ride.

For several years, we have held a Memorial Ride in fall. The weather has made it hard for riders in the north to participate--nobody likes riding in the snow and freezing rain. So last year, and again this year, we will hold a Memorial Day Memorial Ride.

You can plan any route you like, but at least 1,000 miles, and you must be riding some part of the ride on Memorial Day, May 30 (even if you finish at 12:01 am). You can dedicate the ride to anybody you wish to remember. You will receive a "special' certificate for this ride, along with an extra certificate that you may give to the family of the person you're remembering, and several 2016 Memorial stickers.

If you're not familiar with the Memorial Rides, go to here for a history of these rides.

Sign up for this ride at here. There is no payment due at registration, but signing up let's us communicate with you directly with more info about the ride.
I registered and then clicked the email link to the official website and got this message:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Please try the following:

• Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
  • If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Gerry Arel

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hmmmm... Memorial Day I'll be on-route to Nova Scotia and Gaspe. Don;t think my riding partner will be up for it so I have to think if I should ride on ahead. I'd love to complete this event.

bikerbill

IBR Finisher
Daniel and I Finished our TX In-State SS1000 at 2:06am this morning.

Our original plan was to make a loop. Levelland-Fort Stockton-Ballinger-Perryton-Dalhart-Levelland. At Aspermont, the halfway point, we were told of a nasty thunderstorm in the Texas panhandle so we decided to reverse our route from that point to avoid the weather and still achieve our quest. We started at 7:08am and finished at 2:06am. Lots of wind but *no* rain!