Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Arrived in Minneapolis. Had dinner last night with friends old and new.
Today getting new tyres and chain. Check in Saturday. Meetings and rally book Sunday. Start 10am Monday. 1st leg to Dallas arrive Wednesday evening.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Last week I rode my Tiger 800 uo to Air Canada Cargo at Heathrow Airport.

Bike and I flew to Toronto the next day an I picked it up the third day, Cheaper than any shipper

Heading east I met Iron Butt Rider Eric at the USA border and stayed with him and Caithlin for the night

I then headed to Denver to see my old mate Dan and his wife Vicky where I stayed a couple of days

There I had to clean up the stepper motor to get back my tickover. Thanks to the Tiger 800 forum I knew the problem straight away

Heading back east

Into the next state

I just had to call in here

Good cheap overnight

Crossing the Mississippi

New tyres and Chain. 2500 mikes in the 1st week

Start in Minneapolis. All set up for rally planning with notebook connected to widescreen TV

Carpark 1st riders arrive

The rally theme is revealled

Booked in collected rally swag bag

Check in, disclaimers/ releases signed(including a video), paperwork and bike checked and odo route ridden
Eating and meeting old friends

The tea was passable once the bar man brought hot water instead of coffee!!!!!!

At the moment I'm packing having an easy morning before a riders meeting at 2.30pm
At the start banquet at 5.30 pm we will be handed our flags and rally books we will then have until 10am tomorrow to plan an efficient route to Dallas collecting bonus points alng the way.Arrive Dallas weds evening before 8pm

That is just the 1st leg we ride for 11 days before returning to the start in Minneapolis.In my past three rallies I've averaged just over 10,000 miles so that will be my target

My SPOT tracker is here
https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=147cd59294bd7e8541&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes

I won't be posting over the next two weeks as I'll be concentrating on riding and resting

Take a look on my Facebook page Philip Weston. Look for a cowboy hat. I update more often there as its more efficient than the forum

Quill4

Brit Butt Rallymaster
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Polar bear means Alaska or North Canada, Roadrunner = Arizona/N Mexico, Big Foot = Washington/Idaho/Wyoming, Puffins = Maine, so, as per usual, everywhere. Happy hunting.

Phil you've connected to the tv wow !!!!! that's a lot better than a laptop screen someone will tell me that's really easy.. Must talk to my local computer man.. good luck Phil

Coxy

Mr Brit Butt Tour
IBA Member
Just checked Phil Spot tracker out bet its warm down there Mr Weston if it helps is 12deg and choking down in Yorkshire.Have a great rally and do team Europe proud no pressure then,stay safe Coxy.

Coxy

Mr Brit Butt Tour
IBA Member
Ye Ledwardio I recon you are right about the rain, thanks for the link see Phil is have a little lay down in the picture but that is the norm.