2018 Social event - Sat 27th October in Sheffield

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Following several years of a hotel based annual meeting and dinner we've decided to try something a bit different this year and organize a lower cost social gathering at a fairly central location, in Sheffield. :D

Here's the details:

WHAT - A Saturday evening social get-together for like-minded riders, family and friends. There will be a buffet and some cracking music played by the same DJ Dave from 2017. He'll be playing lots of non-cheesy 70's, 80's and Northern Soul classics. :cool:

WHERE - Wentworth House Hotel near to the Sheffield Arena. It's not an actual hotel just a great real ale pub with a function room just for us. The address is Milford Street, S9 2LD. Sat nav coordinates are N53° 24.220' W1° 25.230'

WHEN - From early evening until very late on Saturday 27th October. The pub does meals so if you want to have an evening meal there first before the banter and boogie begins then feel free. The buffet will be served after 20.30 and Dave will be playing his classics "All night long" (circa Rainbow 1980) ;)

HOW - To sign up send £10.00 per person via PayPal to [email protected] putting 'Social' in the comments/notes box. Then send an email to Phil Weston at [email protected] listing the full names of who is going.

There's a variety of accommodation types very close by so you can make a night or weekend or it. There's both an Ibis and Premier Inn (the Sheffield Arena one) within crawling distance plus B&Bs and other hotels in central Sheffield.

This should be an excellent night so put the date in your diaries. You don't have to be an IBA member, or even ride a bike so sign up and stand by for a great night out with some great company. :cool:
Attendees:
Mark Fowler
Daz and Holly Kirk
Phil and Lynne Weston
Dave Badcock
Kim Leeson
Graeme and Sally Dawson
Steve Westall
Martin Buck
Updated on Mon 8th Oct all those that paid.

Still time to book in just follow details above

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Is this event instead of or additional to the normal Christmas Party and National meet? For some reason, I have 17/18 November as the normal Christmas event but I'm guessing I miss read the 2017 post?

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Is this event instead of or additional to the normal Christmas Party and National meet? For some reason, I have 17/18 November as the normal Christmas event but I'm guessing I miss read the 2017 post?
Yes Dave, instead of. See first paragraph.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Don't forget to email me with your names when you make the PAYPAL payment.
If your on the lists you'll be in the 1st post

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Just over 6 weeks now. I'm making a weekend of it and travelling up to Sheffield on the Friday. Staying at the Sheffield Arena Premier Inn Friday and Saturday night :)

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
I'll be there but Jon is letting you northerners down, is his wife comming?
I don’t do the list, I think FJRpilot is slipping.
He was wasting his time looking at the toolkit thread about an hour ago. Probably wondering if he can fit another spanner or something into a crevice in his bike. :D:D:D

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
It's Phil who's adding names to the list not me. As people have to email and pay him he's the only one who really knows who's going overall.

And it doesn't clash with any other big bike events that some on here might attend. :)