2018 Statistics

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
As per the last couple of years, when entries come in I'll post the figures here every now and again.

Total riders entered (13th June): 160 (+ 2 pillions) :)

Free camping: 68

Routes being ridden:

A - North clockwise: 71
B - North anti-clockwise: 33
C - South clockwise: 16
D - South anti-clockwise: 19
E - 500 clockwise: 10
F - 500 anti-clockwise: 3
G - Bunburner Gold (1500 miles in 24hrs): 8

Furthest distance ridden to get to the start: 625 miles (Bonjour:cool:)
Least distance ridden to get to the start: 5 miles

Bikes ridden:

Aprilia: 2
BMW: 45
Ducati: 5
Harley: 6
Honda: 23
Kawasaki: 10
KTM: 5
Moto Guzzi: 1
Peugeot: 1 (110cc twist-and-go scooter) :cool:
Suzuki: 16 (including one 113cc twist-and-go scooter) :cool:
Triumph: 30
Vespa 125: 1 :cool:
Yamaha: 13
TBC: 1

Last edited:

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
23rd March - Just passed the 100 mark :D

As per usual the Northern routes are the most popular with clockwise having the most riders, was always my favourite direction too. :)

As the weather looks like it's starting to improve hopefully more will sign up as they get back on two wheels.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
8th June - Just updated the figures, following a global email sent out to all entrants last week. A few have had to drop out and a few have changed routes or updated which bikes they're riding. Fingers crossed we still have nearly 150 start. Last year it was 114.

Only a week to go now so keep an eye on the weather and check your bikes and kit over ;)

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
That's it, entries now closed. 160 riders signed up. :)

Let's hope they all arrive to register and have an enjoyable and safe ride. Weather's not looking too bad, a bit showery mostly everywhere but not all the time and dry when most start and finish which is good.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Interesting to see thirty Triumph's the second most popular brand.
Yep, catching the BMs up. Surprised by the lower numbers of Honda and Yamaha. Many fingers will be crossed at Squires that each of the three 125cc and smaller bikes start and finish without any problems. Higher mpg but smaller tanks :rolleyes:

In Scotland there are now many pay at pump 24hour fuel stations. On the A9 they are very useful. Dalwhinnie is not one of these 24 hour stations.

I have told him to get a fuel can as we're on the south loop and there is a couple of check points we can make in a single run if he has an extra gallon.
Is this quicker than a stop? Of actually more faff

Hi all, well disappointment for me this year with the vespa, flywheel oil seal blew just getting off motorway heading to squires friday evening, good mate of mine brought me another oil seal and few gaskets to get the old girl going again, rebuilt on campsite up and running with new cdi but something still wasnt right! So dash over to sheffield to another good mates house to borrow his engine out of his scoot (glad he'd had a beer) so then race back to squires to swap the engine. Back on site at 10.20pm engine out and other in and riding at 11.05 with the aid of a torch on mobile phone. Sadly only made it 320 ish miles before that engine gave up. Gutted was not the word fuckin bastard mopeds! Rang mate to giv him bad news about his engine and burst out laughing, told me he said to ther lass night before i doubt that engine will see 1000 miles, if only i new this another one could have been fitted. Oh well. 18.5 hours to get home because the AA is useless. Still only 12 month till next attempt

Dave Rose

Hi all, well disappointment for me this year with the vespa, flywheel oil seal blew just getting off motorway heading to squires friday evening, good mate of mine brought me another oil seal and few gaskets to get the old girl going again, rebuilt on campsite up and running with new cdi but something still wasnt right! So dash over to sheffield to another good mates house to borrow his engine out of his scoot (glad he'd had a beer) so then race back to squires to swap the engine. Back on site at 10.20pm engine out and other in and riding at 11.05 with the aid of a torch on mobile phone. Sadly only made it 320 ish miles before that engine gave up. Gutted was not the word fuckin bastard mopeds! Rang mate to giv him bad news about his engine and burst out laughing, told me he said to ther lass night before i doubt that engine will see 1000 miles, if only i new this another one could have been fitted. Oh well. 18.5 hours to get home because the AA is useless. Still only 12 month till next attempt
Wow, I heard all the engine testing. What a great bunch of people the biking fraternity are, they do anything to help others out.
Good luck next year, at least you have 12 months for a good overhaul.
Best wishes, I think you are incredibly brave for trying in the first place.

Wow, I heard all the engine testing. What a great bunch of people the biking fraternity are, they do anything to help others out.
Good luck next year, at least you have 12 months for a good overhaul.
Best wishes, I think you are incredibly brave for trying in the first place.
All been well 3rd time lucky, over 18 hours to get home with the aa from glasgow to rotherham, piss wet through and cold for all of them.