2019 IBA Australia Memorial Rides & IBA Wilcannia Memorial Ceremony

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
With the development of the new Wilcannia Memorial site for the IBA Australia, it is time to plan your annual Memorial Ride anywhere in Australia within the dates for the Annual IBA Memorial Rides.
Your ride may also include your attendance at the ceremony for the inauguration and dedication of the new Memorial site.

Dates for ALL Memorial Rides to be completed: September 13th to 30th 2019 (inclusive)
– rides to be completed within these dates if riders are to receive an IBA Australia Memorial Ride Certificate and IBA Australia Memorial Ride Patch.

Your Memorial Ride may be conducted anywhere within Australia.
Your Memorial Ride may or may not include attendance at the dedication ceremony (see below re patches).

Registration for Memorial Rides: on RideMaster

If just attending the ceremony on September 28th (see below) and NOT DOING A MEASURED RIDE - YOU DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER.

For your IBA Memorial Ride, please register on RideMaster here:
https://rides.jasonjonas.com/regRequest.php?id=662

Please note:
1. The registration on RideMaster is the same for ANY Memorial Ride distance proposed.
2. All IBA ride submission rules and requirements still apply for all rides conducted.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IBA Australia Memorial Site (Wilcannia) - Ceremony and Dedication.
Near Wilcannia NSW (Netallie Hill)

Saturday September 28th @ 1.00 pm:

Riders attending this event will receive a special one-off dedicated IBA Australia Memorial Ride patch only available to attendees of this event.
All attendees at this event will receive the patch, whether doing a measured ride or not.
If registering for a measured ride AND attending the Dedication Ceremony - you will receive BOTH UNIQUE RIDE PATCHES.
If attending the ceremony, please indicate your attendance on this forum thread:
http://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?forums/iba-australia-memorial-netallie-hill-wilcannia.191/

Location of Memorial Site and destination for Ceremony:

The location of the IBA Memorial site is here: -31.5695595, 143.2154867
or -31.5695595 South, 143.2154867 East

Approx 17km West of Wilcannia on the Barrier Hwy.
Approx 200m West of Netallie Hill Rest Area (park here and entry is via the new gate in the boundary fence)

For the Ceremony and Celebration:
Some members may be staying over in the area on the Saturday night of the ceremony on 28th September.
Please see discussion threads for accommodation options.

Last edited:
Anyone who is interested in attending the IBA Wilcannia Memorial Ceremony, it is not to late to come along.

You do not have to do a IBA ride to attend however if you do please register through Jason Jonas
For your IBA Memorial Ride, please register on RideMaster here:
https://rides.jasonjonas.com/regRequest.php?id=662

Also if you are attending please make a note on the forum so we have an idea on attendees

If you are looking for accommodation click link below
http://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?threads/wilcannia-accommodation-saturday-night.3159/

kwaka

Premier Member
OK, I have registered for the Memorial Ride however just need a few clarifications, coz it's be too long between drinks...

When registering, I've named Liz as my pillion.
Does she need to register separately as well?

Whilst on the ride, due to her physical ailments there is a big possibility that Liz will need to pull the pin on the ride, and yes, our ride plan allows for this contingency.
Can I continue on without her or is that the end of my ride too and need to plan/register again as a solo rider?

If I understand correctly, the memorial ride can be completed anytime within the 13th to 30th Sep 2019 window and doesn't need to end/finish at Netallie Hill on the 28th.
Is this correct?

Will IBA Australia be certifying this ride or do we need to send the doco's to Howard?

TIA

Skidoo

Premier Member
OK, I have registered for the Memorial Ride however just need a few clarifications, coz it's be too long between drinks... Well start drinking mate

When registering, I've named Liz as my pillion.
Does she need to register separately as well? No

Whilst on the ride, due to her physical ailments there is a big possibility that Liz will need to pull the pin on the ride, and yes, our ride plan allows for this contingency.
Can I continue on without her or is that the end of my ride too and need to plan/register again as a solo rider? Yes just continue and enjoy the ride

If I understand correctly, the memorial ride can be completed anytime within the 13th to 30th Sep 2019 window and doesn't need to end/finish at Netallie Hill on the 28th.
Is this correct? Yes you are on the money

Will IBA Australia be certifying this ride or do we need to send the doco's to Howard? Need to send to Howard for certification

TIA

tj189

Premier Member
A reminder and a heads up for those riders that completed an IBA Ride whilst participating in the Memorial Dedication. May I suggest that you get all your paperwork into the IBA sooner rather than later. I've been advised that the month of December in the US gets very hectic at the post offices, and lost items become more frequent. For this reason, they generally hold off mailing items after the first week of December to avoid having to mail them twice.